By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Call of Duty 2014 screenshot revealed, confirms modern setting

What do you think of the Modern setting?

I love it! 36 26.67%

I rather see a different ... 33 24.44%

I'm done with the modern setting 65 48.15%

Total:134
Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

I thought Ghosts was good fun myself. Then again, I play it for the campaign and don't touch multiplayer.

Why do you not play multiplayer!? It's so funs!

Not to me, I can't stand it. XD

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:

If you paid $60 for COD SP, then you're doing it wrong my friend. To each their own I guess.

If I get my money's worth out of it in entertainment, how am I doing it wrong?

curl-6 said:
UltimateUnknown said:

If you paid $60 for COD SP, then you're doing it wrong my friend. To each their own I guess.

How are you getting $60 worth out of just COD SP?

I platinumed Ghosts, but even then I can't see how the SP can give you $60 worth. Most of that value is in the MP in a COD game. To me an SP only game has to be like a meaty JRPG such as Persona 4 Golden or Ni No Kuni where I can get 30-40+ hours of enjoyment for it to be worth $60.

UltimateUnknown said:
curl-6 said:
UltimateUnknown said:

How are you getting $60 worth out of just COD SP?

I platinumed Ghosts, but even then I can't see how the SP can give you $60 worth. Most of that value is in the MP in a COD game. To me an SP only game has to be like a meaty JRPG such as Persona 4 Golden or Ni No Kuni where I can get 30-40+ hours of enjoyment for it to be worth $60.

I've played each campaign level a good 5-6 times and it's still fun to run back through, mowing down the moronic AI. It's one of those games I'll be picking up and playing every now and then for a long time.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

What do you want, Bears?

actually, that would be awesome. now thanks for giving me a gaming wish that i know will never ever come true

Around the Network
lucidium said:

"First Call of Duty 2014 screenshot revealed, confirms modern setting"

Grooaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

You must groan a lot with the many games out there that also use a modern setting!

curl-6 said:
Please not Modern Warfare 4, that well has been drained dry.

it most likely is. all rumors leaked so far say it is

Ghosts SP was far better than Black Ops 2.

I'm also playing CoD for the campaign and I really like it each time (well BO2 really pissed me off here and there). Playthrough on normal, playthrough on Veteran, getting the rest of the achievements and I'm getting 12+ hours out of it.
And in case friends come over there is still either co-op campaign, zombies, spec ops or extinction and the normal local MP of course.

Dulfite said:
Where is the "I'm done with this series" option?

That's the "x" button at the top right of your browser. If you aren't using Windows, then your situation is out of my scope of support. I would suggest contacting the OEM.

OT: Ghosts had disappointing visuals, performence and resolution were the only real edge over 7th gen. I'm gonna need to see more before getting worked up about the visuals.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

OT: Ghosts had disappointing visuals, performence and resolution were the only real edge over 7th gen. I'm gonna need to see more before getting worked up about the visuals.

Actually, Ghosts ran smoother on Xbox 360 than on PS4 or Xbox One.