By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Mobile Gaming will ever get serious?

Do you think gaming on phones will ever get serious?

Yes 4 12.50%

No 21 65.63%

Possibly 7 21.88%

Total:32

As of right now the mobile gaming market isn't very serious. There's some fun games and all but nothing feels grand enough. Most games are filled with micro-transactions etc. because appearantly that's the best way of making games on phones. Smartphones do seem to get stronger and stronger each year, so do you think 'real' games will come out? I don't really know. There are some actual games like LEGO Star Wars but those kind of games are just ports of older games. Games who do try to be serious like Asphalt are seemingly forced to put micro-transactions in them. I think the problem is that people don't want to pay very much for their mobile games: real games = real prices, and people seem to whine when a mobile game costs more than 5 Euro's/Dollars/whatever. Another problem is storage, and heavy games on mobile are around 1GB each. So my best guess is that it will take a while before we'll get better games for phones..

Around the Network

With all of my childhood moving to mobile... Probably T_T

I think Sony's next "handheld" will be a phone/handheld hybrid with exclusive games so I am sure its coming

Plus Amazon bought a game studio and Apple/Google want exclusive games on their platform

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mobile gaming will be serious in my eyes when a brand-new Pokemon game will come out for mobile phones ( which means not anytime soon).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well, they have localized the PSP Idolm@sters for $55 a pop if you want a "real game".

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I see potential from mobile games however there are just tons of people leeching off and killing it.

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Around the Network

no.... just like gaming console will never reach the masses...

no... just like mobile gaming will never reach the masses...

no... just like 3d movies is just a fad.... i mean none of the movies that has a 3d version never made it to the year end blockbuster

no... just like computers at workplace.

no... just like bottled water. why pay something for free?

Dedicated gaming devices will always outpace phones. The mobile market can't compete storage, price, and power wise with the 3DS and PSVita. And if the Nintendo Fusion comes into fruition in a few years the mobile market will be set even further back.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

The day Sony or Nintendo announce a cellular capable 3DS or Vita mobile gaming will get serious.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Are you saying Angry Birds isn't serious...?
Still, its title isn't "Serious Birds" but "Angry" is close enough.

I don't think Mobile games will ever be serious because the controls are just so god awful.

ParryWinkle said:

I don't think Mobile games will ever be serious because the controls are just so god awful.

Turn based RPGs can be pretty decent, and FTL on IPad is good. However most genres are just downright unplayable for mobile.

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_;