By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - For what reason(s) are people investing in PS4?

Tagged games:

it is a good investment i feel i will have made my money back within this year.
Amazing hu.. ya i cant believe what an investment this was.

Around the Network

Sony first party. I love the characters and stories that they create.

I bought it because I didn't want to deal with supply constraints at the time.
My PS2, 360, Wii, and PS4 is in Houston, and me, my PC, and PS3 are in Chicago.
My Dorm has a 360 and Wii which is the reason, mine are at home.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

For me it was a simple descision

This Now (Say my 1st 6 months with it, bought March)

This Later (and much, much more obviously)

See how easy my choice was =D

"- People are ready to move on to next-gen systems, even if many of the games are cross-gen"
"- People are treating PS4 as an investment; they know the games will come"

Hits the nail on the head really.

Around the Network

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

My theory: PS1 was the first true multifunction, not purely gaming, console (or the first widespread one, just in case the usual pernickety ones find some obscure multifeature console released before ) and the wide adoption until now of the whole PS family, more than 330M right now, and growing, just accounting for home consoles, more than 410M including portables too, that Sony makes multifunction like its home ones, took a lot of users to consider PS consoles the right mix of power and features (and progressively more at the right price too as soon as it drops below $400, if a model is launched at a higher price). This time the current PS started at $399, so things are easy for it since the start, the user target willing to pay that price is considerably larger than the less than 10M deep-pocketed techophiles and early adopters ready to pay $500 or more.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous: Second Son made me buy it in Jan. Infamous: Second Son has also blows away my expectations and so I feel the PS4 was well worth the $680 I spent on it. Besides I am extremely excited about DriveClub and The Order: 1886 as they both come from studios who's games have been spectacular in the past. Thus I bought a PS4.

Yeah I don't really understand people who buy gaming consoles as an investment in the future. I normally just wait until there's games I want.