By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling Ubisoft franchises (official numbers): 1. AC - 73m

AZWification said:
MoHasanie said:

Was Legends easier? I foud some of the final levels of Origins pretty frustrating and difficult, and I just couldn't collect all 10 skull teeth :( . 

I personally thought Legends was slightly easier than Origins, but the game is still full of challenging levels! The level design is also much better!

So overall Legends was a much better game? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

In my opinion, yes! The graphics, the music, the level design, the controls... Everything was superb!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
MoHasanie said:

In my opinion, yes! The graphics, the music, the level design, the controls... Everything was superb!

Awesome! I'm gonna play it very soon. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Well, AC may have sold the most but I learned in the UNITY thread that Just Dance is what made Ubisoft what they are.

MoHasanie said:
Barozi said:

Downloadable game. It was supposed to come out in episodes just like the Walking Dead Telltale games.

Ah wow, but why did they decide it to make it 1 full game instead? 

If it was just gonna be a DL only game then I think 2.5 million sales is great. 

Probably because last gen the online connectivity rate was only... 70%-ish or so. They wanted to have a bigger cut of the full market.
Also the game targets families and the connectivity rate is probably even lower there compared to core gamers.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Well, AC may have sold the most but I learned in the UNITY thread that Just Dance is what made Ubisoft what they are.

Well Just Dance surely gave them a bunch of money. I wouldn't be surprised if the music licenses were more expensive than the dev costs. But they were also heavily advertised as well, so that probably ate away a good chunk of the profit.

Barozi said:
Mummelmann said:

Well Just Dance surely gave them a bunch of money. I wouldn't be surprised if the music licenses were more expensive than the dev costs. But they were also heavily advertised as well, so that probably ate away a good chunk of the profit.

Not to mention the fact that it is;

A: A franchise that has lost nearly all relevance over night.

B: The odd man out in Ubisoft's primary catalogue of games, making it the exception rather than the rule and certainly not the essence and pinnacle of Ubisoft's game development...

Guess three times who taught me that lesson in the UNITY thread?

Mummelmann said:
Barozi said:

Not to mention the fact that it is;

A: A franchise that has lost nearly all relevance over night.

B: The odd man out in Ubisoft's primary catalogue of games, making it the exception rather than the rule and certainly not the essence and pinnacle of Ubisoft's game development...

Guess three times who taught me that lesson in the UNITY thread?

Our numerical friend ? :D

But yeah I additionally forgot to mention that the majority of the JD sales generated $10 less revenue than the AC games if you take the full price.

I still think we will see numerous successors but the decline is quite alarming though not particularly surprising. About 3 million down currently from JD4, which was as well about 3 million down from JD3 during the same period. JD 2015 probably at 3.5m across 6 platforms then lifetime.

AZWification said:
oniyide said:

oh i agree. Ive enjoyed every single one. 3d ones included. Havent play Arena or Legends yet

You can skip Arena since it wasn't anything spectacular, but you must play Legends! Specially if you enjoyed Origins!

oh i plan too! i just havent beaten Origins yet

skip origins.
legends contains origins