By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling Ubisoft franchises (official numbers): 1. AC - 73m

dsage01 said:
Price of Perisa died since after the launch of Two Thrones.

Well... it was Ubi's own fault. But i would point at the PS3/360 remake as the problem. They went cartoony on a series that is mainly mature. It didnt make any sense.

Also, they cant keep rebooting it all the time. They have to come up with a story for another trilogy and make a beautiful game with some quirky humor like the PS2 reboot. Also, it needs to be something more than just some wall running. Actually, they could very well use the AC engine and give us a representation of old Persia in a sandbox envyronment.

Around the Network

Prince of Persia is really low, i thought i wasn't far from Assasin's Creed! Very good sales for the latter though. Watch Dogs will probably be in the top 3 in a couple of years.

pezus said:
iceland said:
Assassin's Creed @ 73m, doesn't that make it like top 15 franchise of all time? hot damn.

Not quite. Top 20 though, if Wikipedia is anything to go by. It's also the most recent franchise in the top 20

That's still pretty crazy, wish more publishers would give out official numbers like this.

That probably includes digital and PC sales hence why Vgc dosen't show the same thing.

Would like to see another Rainbow Six game soon

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Those Rayman numbers are too low for my liking! T_T

there has only been 5 rayman games. the series had been on hiatus for years prior to Origins. im surprised its that high

oniyide said:
AZWification said:

there has only been 5 rayman games. the series had been on hiatus for years prior to Origins. im surprised its that high

I was just saying that the Rayman games should have sold more! That franchise is simply that good in my eyes!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
oniyide said:
AZWification said:

I was just saying that the Rayman games should have sold more! That franchise is simply that good in my eyes!

The games are excellent but they just don't sell very well. I'm surprised they even made Legends after the weak sales of Origins. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I wish PoP was more, the original trilogy is awesome

Pretty depressing to see that Just Dance is their second biggest franchise; but looking at that you almost forget about the quality of IPs the studio has (Prince Of Persia, Rayman, Far Cry, Driver), good to see them doing pretty well also.

Tracking for Assassin's Creed seems a little off, but there's always digital and PC, so I'd say we're probably within around 5% which is pretty good.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.