By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of US 3rd DLC pack contents announced

Jay520 said:
Who knows how hard these guys worked on the difficulty level? We don't know how much time, energy, testing and resources went into developing the supposedly improved AI. Clearly they feel the energy warrants a few bucks per purchase. Is it really worth it? That's going to be a subjective matter for individual customers, but there's nothing inherently greedy or wrong with this business move.

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree here. Selling 4 maps for $10? Alright, I can deal with that. But selling a difficulty mode for $5? And 2 packs with 4 multiplayer skills, for $4 each? That is clearly Sony milking the success of the game. The pricing for these DLC packs isn't chosen based on the amount of work that went into them, no they're priced this high to encourage people to get the season pass, I'm almost certain of this.

Also this way they can put a stamp that says something like "includes over $40 worth of bonus content" on the Remastered edition of the game. I love the game but I feel that Sony are really pushing the limits of monetization with this.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
DerNebel said:
Grounded Mode is $4.99??? Are you fucking kidding me?

How much do you know about AI programming ?

Nothing. But I don't need to to understand when a company is milking the success of one of it's products.

DamnTastic said:
stuffmakesmelol said:

(After all, I did platinum Call of Duty: World at War, Killzone 2, Batman Arkham City, and many other hard and challenging games, though I have yet to platinum Demon's/Dark souls and Killzone: Shadow Fall because those games are such grinds of platinums).

Try to plat CoD: Classic. No grind at all and pretty fun and satisfying when you complete a level.
The veteran mode was one of the most fun difficulties I ever played, yet so frustrating at times (like dying 38 times at 1 checkpoint). 

Really then, then I might as well download COD: Classic on my PS3 right now. Besides, I haven't played the original Call of Duty so I might as well see how fun the game is, even if it's just a 2003 game simply ported to 7th gen consoles. Also, considering this is before the downfall of Call of Duty (Before Call of Duty became a year-on-year complete 100% rehash), I am going to bet this game has some dignity and quality within itself, so why not.

DerNebel said:

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree here. Selling 4 maps for $10? Alright, I can deal with that. But selling a difficulty mode for $5? And 2 packs with 4 multiplayer skills, for $4 each? That is clearly Sony milking the success of the game. The pricing for these DLC packs isn't chosen based on the amount of work that went into them, no they're priced this high to encourage people to get the season pass, I'm almost certain of this.

Also this way then can put a stamp that says something like "includes over $40 worth of bonus content" on the Remastered edition of the game. I love the game but I feel that Sony are really pushing the limits of monetization with this.

They can charge whatever they want to charge. There is no moral obligation when it comes to pricing. These "limits" you speak of do not exist and are just your own preference to what it should be priced at. Producers make their product and offer a price. If you believe the product is worth the price, then you should buy the product. If you don't think the product is worth the price, then that's fine too; just don't buy the product. But just because you don't think the product is worth it's price doesn't imply some sort of moral violation by the producers.

Is Sony trrying to milk the success of the game? Of course! This is a business, not a charity. 

stuffmakesmelol said:
DamnTastic said:
stuffmakesmelol said:

(After all, I did platinum Call of Duty: World at War, Killzone 2, Batman Arkham City, and many other hard and challenging games, though I have yet to platinum Demon's/Dark souls and Killzone: Shadow Fall because those games are such grinds of platinums).

Try to plat CoD: Classic. No grind at all and pretty fun and satisfying when you complete a level.
The veteran mode was one of the most fun difficulties I ever played, yet so frustrating at times (like dying 38 times at 1 checkpoint). 

Really then, then I might as well download COD: Classic on my PS3 right now. Besides, I haven't played the original Call of Duty so I might as well see how fun the game is, even if it's just a 2003 game simply ported to 7th gen consoles. Also, considering this is before the downfall of Call of Duty (Before Call of Duty became a year-on-year complete 100% rehash), I am going to bet this game has some dignity and quality within itself, so why not.

The landing of the russians stalingrad (or somewhere else. I don't remember) is still one of my favorite cod moments. 

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Areym said:
$5 for a difficulty setting is pretty fucking greedy. Even I can't defend that kind of behavior. Then again, I got the season pass and have been saving money on TLOU DLC ever since so I will get it regardless. Still, puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I-I have a question about the season pass: if I buy it now, can I still get every dlc using it? Or only the DLC that haven't yest released? Thanks

Up until May 13, you can purchase a season pass and get all the DLC available, so if you are interested, do it before then.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Jay520 said:

They can charge whatever they want to charge. There is no moral obligation when it comes to pricing. These "limits" you speak of do not exist and are just your own preference to what it should be priced at. Producers make their product and offer a price. If you believe the product is worth the price, then you should buy the product. If you don't think the product is worth the price, then that's fine too; just don't buy the product. But just because you don't think the product is worth it's price doesn't imply some sort of moral violation by the producers.

Is Sony trrying to milk the success of the game? Of course! This is a business, not a charity. 

This limit I'm talking about is not a limit of morality, it's a limit of what consumers in general are willing to pay. Of course they can charge what they want and if people are paying it, then I'd be the last person to tell them not to charge this kinda money, but this is the problem here I feel that Sony are being greedy and are therefore reaching or in the case of the mulitplayer skills even breaking the limit of what people are willing to pay. This can backfire and result in less sales and money overall, for example I know that I won't pay this kinda money, even if I'd love to try out the Grounded difficulty.

So the business and charity comparison doesn't really work here, since Sony might hurt themselves more with this pricing model than they would if they'd price the DLC more cheaply.

DerNebel said:

This limit I'm talking about is not a limit of morality, it's a limit of what consumers in general are willing to pay. Of course they can charge what they want and if people are paying it, then I'd be the last person to tell them not to charge this kinda money, but this is the problem here I feel that Sony are being greedy and are therefore reaching or in the case of the mulitplayer skills even breaking the limit of what people are willing to pay. This can backfire and result in less sales and money overall, for example I know that I won't pay this kinda money, even if I'd love to try out the Grounded difficulty.

So the business and charity comparison doesn't really work here, since Sony might hurt themselves more with this pricing model than they would if they'd price the DLC more cheaply.

If you weren't talking about morality then why did you disagree with my original post?

DerNebel said:
RenCutypoison said:
DerNebel said:
Grounded Mode is $4.99??? Are you fucking kidding me?

How much do you know about AI programming ?

Nothing. But I don't need to to understand when a company is milking the success of one of it's products.

Crash bandicoot, Jak, Uncharted. All three IPs have more success, but never did ND fuck their fans.

They've redone all the games AI, so the fans could discover that awesome story once again. It's up to you to pay 5$ or keep your money, but if you really think ND is mocking their fans, please have arguments. That just looks like a kid's rant at this point.

Jay520 said:

If you weren't talking about morality then why did you disagree with my original post?

Because you said that this move wasn't inherently greedy, which I disagree with. I feel this move is very greedy, so much so that it forgoes the in my opinion better decision of pricing the stuff cheaper so more people buy it and it instead goes for the very simplistic but very often also wrong "ask for more money=make more money"-approach.