By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of US 3rd DLC pack contents announced

DerNebel said:
Jay520 said:

If you weren't talking about morality then why did you disagree with my original post?

Because you said that this move wasn't inherently greedy, which I disagree with. I feel this move is very greedy, so much so that it forgoes the in my opinion better decision of pricing the stuff cheaper so more people buy it and it instead goes for the very simplistic but very often also wrong "ask for more money=make more money"-approach.

I was using the moral connotation of greed.

However, if by greed you mean "desire for more" then, based on your logic, Sony's actions are not greedy. They aren't greedy because this price will result in less money for them - according to your prediction. The greedy decision would be to actually price it lower because that would result in more money.

So what interpretation of greed are you using?

Around the Network
stuffmakesmelol said:
Zekkyou said:
The 'Grounded Mode' leads me to believe someone over at ND is a sick son of a bitch. I almost killed a 2 kitten and a puppy trying to beat the game on Survivor, and now they want me to endure more self abuse? D:

Oh now don't be silly, survivor isn't that bad (Probably just you, but for me, Survivior is just hard mode only minus listen mode entirely as well as smarter AI and less supplies, in which I use stealth and my fist mostly throughout the game). You know, Grounded Mode maybe become the most realistic difficulty in any game I have ever played so if you want me to torture myself for the truest experience of The Last of Us, then I must say...

(After all, I did platinum Call of Duty: World at War, Killzone 2, Batman Arkham City, and many other hard and challenging games, though I have yet to platinum Demon's/Dark souls and Killzone: Shadow Fall because those games are such grinds of platinums).

Edit: Oh, almost forgot, 5 f***ing dollars for an extra difficulty?! Naughty Dog, please don't fall into Capcom levels of greed, or you're are going to lose alot of respect from us).

Dark Souls is probably the least grindy platinum I have ever gotten.  It litterally just requires you to beat the game and try everything.  Killzone 2 on the otherhand required that I score in the top 1% for a week.  That is the definition of gindy!!!  

P.S.  I have 2 Demon's Platinums (US and Asian versions), and a Dark Souls Platinum...

Damn Naughty Dog is giving me the option to pay 4.99 for DLC?!?!?

MONEY HUNGRY OMG

RenCutypoison said:
DerNebel said:

Nothing. But I don't need to to understand when a company is milking the success of one of it's products.

Crash bandicoot, Jak, Uncharted. All three IPs have more success, but never did ND fuck their fans.

They've redone all the games AI, so the fans could discover that awesome story once again. It's up to you to pay 5$ or keep your money, but if you really think ND is mocking their fans, please have arguments. That just looks like a kid's rant at this point.

Listen, buddy

1. Where do I blame ND? Who the hell do you think makes the pricing decisions in these cases? These decisions are not up to the developer I'm pretty sure.

2. I've spend about a year or so on the ND forum and I can tell you there were a couple things ND "fucked their fans" with, for example do you know how mad people on there were when it turned out that the Coop map that ND released as DLC for Uncharted 3 was part of the "4 Map packs" included in the Season Pass? Or when 2 of the 3 other Map packs were nothing but the Uncharted 2 multiplayer maps? ND is a great developer and I love their games, but they are not without fault so take your ND goggles off.

Also of course it's up to me, and I have already made the decision to not pay that kinda money, but that doesn't mean that I don't have every goddamn right to voice my displeasure about this pricing decision and I don't have to be called a kid for this by you, who apparently can't take it when someone isn't happy about paying $5 for a difficulty mode.

Jay520 said:
DerNebel said:

Because you said that this move wasn't inherently greedy, which I disagree with. I feel this move is very greedy, so much so that it forgoes the in my opinion better decision of pricing the stuff cheaper so more people buy it and it instead goes for the very simplistic but very often also wrong "ask for more money=make more money"-approach.

I was using the moral connotation of greed.

However, if by greed you mean "desire for more" then, based on your logic, Sony's actions are not greedy. They aren't greedy because this price will result in less money for them - according to your prediction. The greedy decision would be to actually price it lower because that would result in more money.

So what interpretation of greed are you using?

I'm saying it might make them less money, Sony obviously thinks otherwise. I have naturally no way of knowing for sure if pricing the DLC cheaper would really make them more money, but I think it would, especially with the skill packs, I really can't imagine that anyone would pay $4 for those.

And I mean desire for more.

Around the Network

5 dlls for a difficulty mode, c'mon now.

DamnTastic said:
stuffmakesmelol said:
DamnTastic said:
stuffmakesmelol said:

(After all, I did platinum Call of Duty: World at War, Killzone 2, Batman Arkham City, and many other hard and challenging games, though I have yet to platinum Demon's/Dark souls and Killzone: Shadow Fall because those games are such grinds of platinums).

Try to plat CoD: Classic. No grind at all and pretty fun and satisfying when you complete a level.
The veteran mode was one of the most fun difficulties I ever played, yet so frustrating at times (like dying 38 times at 1 checkpoint). 

Really then, then I might as well download COD: Classic on my PS3 right now. Besides, I haven't played the original Call of Duty so I might as well see how fun the game is, even if it's just a 2003 game simply ported to 7th gen consoles. Also, considering this is before the downfall of Call of Duty (Before Call of Duty became a year-on-year complete 100% rehash), I am going to bet this game has some dignity and quality within itself, so why not.

The landing of the russians stalingrad (or somewhere else. I don't remember) is still one of my favorite cod moments. 

Then I will be anticipating that level once my COD: Classic download is finished ;)

Captain_Tom said:
stuffmakesmelol said:
Zekkyou said:
The 'Grounded Mode' leads me to believe someone over at ND is a sick son of a bitch. I almost killed a 2 kitten and a puppy trying to beat the game on Survivor, and now they want me to endure more self abuse? D:

Oh now don't be silly, survivor isn't that bad (Probably just you, but for me, Survivior is just hard mode only minus listen mode entirely as well as smarter AI and less supplies, in which I use stealth and my fist mostly throughout the game). You know, Grounded Mode maybe become the most realistic difficulty in any game I have ever played so if you want me to torture myself for the truest experience of The Last of Us, then I must say...

Edit: Oh, almost forgot, 5 f***ing dollars for an extra difficulty?! Naughty Dog, please don't fall into Capcom levels of greed, or you're are going to lose alot of respect from us).

Dark Souls is probably the least grindy platinum I have ever gotten.  It litterally just requires you to beat the game and try everything.  Killzone 2 on the otherhand required that I score in the top 1% for a week.  That is the definition of gindy!!!  

P.S.  I have 2 Demon's Platinums (US and Asian versions), and a Dark Souls Platinum...

I know, I had to waste my spring break of this year just to get that trophy after all these years of owning the game. I regret wasting my spring break since then.

I am a season pass owner and what you get is amazing for what you pay. We got 8 maps, a great single player DLC, new guns, modes etc. etc. all for 20$. Many games charge that much for a single DLC:

Trying to buy them individually is always a rip off.

Areym said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Areym said:
$5 for a difficulty setting is pretty fucking greedy. Even I can't defend that kind of behavior. Then again, I got the season pass and have been saving money on TLOU DLC ever since so I will get it regardless. Still, puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I-I have a question about the season pass: if I buy it now, can I still get every dlc using it? Or only the DLC that haven't yest released? Thanks

Up until May 13, you can purchase a season pass and get all the DLC available, so if you are interested, do it before then.

Sure I will, a lot more cheaper than getting every single DLC if I can get them all for 20 bucks. Thanks for confirming this to me :)

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...