By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nate Wells, TLOU Lead Artist, has left Naughty Dog?

EB1994 said:
kupomogli said:
Maybe he left because he's not able to find work with Sony because they're doing nothing but ports right now for the PS4.

It's not like Naughty Dog has announced Uncharted for the PS4 or anything though amirite?

Pff, haven't you heard? Sony are stopping all projects of new PS4 games they have and are specializing themselves on nothing but rereleasing PS3 games, TLOU and (the rumoured!!) Beyond are only the beginning.

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
kupomogli said:
Maybe he left because he's not able to find work with Sony because they're doing nothing but ports right now for the PS4.

It's not like Naughty Dog has announced Uncharted for the PS4 or anything though amirite?

Capcom announced Devil May Cry and Resident Evil for the PSP.  2k announced Bioshock for the Vita.  Sony announced The Last Guardian back in 2006 for the PS3.  Announcements don't mean anything.  Uncharted for PS4 could come out the end of this year or it could come out 10 years from now.  Back when The Last of Us was revealed and it actually showed footage of the characters, ending with them being chased, the game didn't release until one and a half years later.  All Uncharted was was some dialgoue over a map.  It probably won't be released until 2015, maybe 2016. 

kupomogli said:
EB1994 said:
kupomogli said:

Capcom announced Devil May Cry and Resident Evil for the PSP.  2k announced Bioshock for the Vita.  Sony announced The Last Guardian back in 2006 for the PS3.  Announcements don't mean anything.  Uncharted for PS4 could come out the end of this year or it could come out 10 years from now.  Back when The Last of Us was revealed and it actually showed footage of the characters, ending with them being chased, the game didn't release until one and a half years later.  All Uncharted was was some dialgoue over a map.  It probably won't be released until 2015, maybe 2016. 

Irrelevant. You said he's not able to find work, and yet they are developing Uncharted for PS4. If you think Uncharted PS4 will release in 2016, well then I have nothing to say to you. 

This is the same dude who left Irrational before Bioshock Infinite was finished.

This does not seem like a great loss. In fact, I would guess that, if Henning and Justin Richmond hadn't recently left, this wouldn't even be news.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Nem said:
Lets not go overboard kupomogli. Its only "The last of us". The rest are rumours.

Is there more than just Beyond?  

GT6 was talked about aswell.

Nem said:
the-pi-guy said:
Nem said:
Lets not go overboard kupomogli. Its only "The last of us". The rest are rumours.

Is there more than just Beyond?  

GT6 was talked about aswell.

GT6 won't get a remaster...They'll just make GT7 or GT7 prologue

He joined in 2012
It's not "losing people", it's changing people.
Or did ND not have art leads before 2012? were they not good? smh.

Eh. Can't be that big of a loss!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Another one? Man, Sonic Boom must be the game of the year at this rate! 2014 will be the year of Sonic Boom Awards! Watch, they will get 10 awards for that hideous leg design alone! Either that or Mobile really is the future!

I wouldn't really care if it was just another developer but another Lead? Just wow

I know you're joking. But I really do hope Sonic Boom is a contender for GOTY 2014! >_<

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.