By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nate Wells, TLOU Lead Artist, has left Naughty Dog?

Nate Wells, TLOU Lead Artist, has left Naughty Dog?

Nate Wells, who was the lead artist on The Last of Us, has left Naughty Dog for Giant Sparrow where he works as an art director (according to his Twitter page). However, he hasn’t yet updated his LinkedIn profile , where it says he’s a lead artist at Naughty Dog. Considering he was recently active on Twitter, we believe we are to trust what his Twitter page says.

Before working on The Last of Us with Naughty Dog, he worked as an art director at (now former) Irrational Games. He moved from Irrational Games to Naughty Dog in 2012.

During his carrer, he worked on shipping titles such as: Thief: The Dark Project, Thief II: The Metal Age, System Shock 2 and BioShock.

Source: http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/04/20/nate-wells-tlou-lead-artist-left-naughty-dog

Around the Network

Maybe he left because he's not able to find work with Sony because they're doing nothing but ports right now for the PS4.

Edit: This user was moderated for this post - Starcraft

Lets not go overboard kupomogli. Its only "The last of us". The rest are rumours.

I know a couple that left ND work at Retro now. ND keeps losing people it's crazy. Seems Redbutton will be the old school version

Another one? Man, Sonic Boom must be the game of the year at this rate! 2014 will be the year of Sonic Boom Awards! Watch, they will get 10 awards for that hideous leg design alone! Either that or Mobile really is the future!

I wouldn't really care if it was just another developer but another Lead? Just wow

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Apparently he likes to change employers. ND was just another stepping stone. Nothing to see here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kupomogli said:
Maybe he left because he's not able to find work with Sony because they're doing nothing but ports right now for the PS4.

It's not like Naughty Dog has announced Uncharted for the PS4 or anything though amirite?

vivster said:
Apparently he likes to change employers. ND was just another stepping stone. Nothing to see here.

Yeah he was only there for like a year...Most likely only worked on the DLC, Left Behind.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Another one? Man, Sonic Boom must be the game of the year at this rate! 2014 will be the year of Sonic Boom Awards! Watch, they will get 10 awards for that hideous leg design alone! Either that or Mobile really is the future!

I wouldn't really care if it was just another developer but another Lead? Just wow

Excuse my ignorance but what does Sonic Boom have to do with this?

DerNebel said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Excuse my ignorance but what does Sonic Boom have to do with this?

Its a joke that since a former developer of ND is in charge of Sonic Boom, the rest of the ND team is going there to work on it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850