By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has sony topped samsung as the best phone maker?

Is the xperia z2 the most impressive android device to date?

HTC M8 is better 50 11.34%

Galaxy s5 is better 68 15.42%

Galaxy note 3 is better 11 2.49%

Nexus 5 is better 19 4.31%

Xperia z2 is the best to date 222 50.34%

it is on par with the top 3 66 14.97%

Total:436

"best phone maker" and mentioning Sony and Samsung?! Well...

To me:

You want current hardware for a rather low price and quality and every update? Buy a Nexus.
You only want a cheap phone? Go with Lumia 520, Huwaii or the low-ends from Samsung.
You want a good camera? Buy an Apple or a digital camera for $80 which beats smartphones easily.
You want awesome build quality and value? Buy HTC or Apple.
You want good speakers? Buy HTC.

Around the Network
TheFallen said:
The Premium (Flagship) Sony phones tend to be cheaper than than the premium Samsung phones. The Sony phones also look and feel premium, not cheap and plastic looking like samsung.

But Samsung prices drop faster than most people can think, so...

bananaking21 said:
leo-j said:
Shinobi-san said:

like taking a picture while its raining (just an example). 

What a boring example ^^

Here :

VXIII said:
bananaking21 said:
leo-j said:
Shinobi-san said:

like taking a picture while its raining (just an example). 

What a boring example ^^

Z1 is water resistant, not water proof. meaning its not recommended to take it down for a swin (even though it will most likely not do anything to the phone). the ZR is water proof, do what ever the hell you want with that baby.

I got a z1s from my work, not a big fan of it. Instering the Sim card is a pain. the predictive text is poor, and it's very comftorable to hold. I'd probably pick up an HTC again when it is time to get a new device.

Around the Network

LOL whats a sony phone look like?

dandd said:
Other than possibly the PS4, I don't believe Sony makes the "best" anything anymore.

Their quality is pretty good (mostly) but their prices and features rarely are the best in the market.

BTW I'm typing this on my Vaio.

You should take a look at their televisions, they're some of the best reviewed sets available, especially if you are a gamer. I bought their top-end set last year and I'm still blown away by the pictures it produces, so much so that my next television will definitely be a Sony set unless they drop the ball again. 

Apple is the best phone maker by a mile.

Samsung was the best phone maker?! Ehhhhhhhh.. No, not for me.

VXIII said:
Shinobi-san said:
leo-j said:
Shinobi-san said:

Sorry leoj but you are simply making things up.

The nokia lumia 1020 has the best camera smartphone hands down. Its not even close.

You mentioned the hardware and the sensor - the lumia 1020 has a bigger sensor than the Z2.

GSMARENA has the most comprehensive camera comparison articles. I suggest anyone who is serious about camera smartphones have a look at it:

http://www.gsmarena.com/six_way_camera_shootout-review-998.php

And before you say "Hey Shinobi thats the Z1 not the Z2" well they have exactly the same camera

The only area you can neg points from the lumia is the time it takes to process its shots. But as permalite mentioned that phone is due for an upgrade...compared to the others which wont see an upgrade for atleast the next 6 months.

The Z2 does well though considering that it doesnt compromise on form factor, unlike the lumia 1020, and it probably has the best ANDROID smartphone camera.

DXOmark put the upcoming Z2 camera above all others smartphones. The website has high credibility. They criticized 1020 camera for producing strong color shading indoor and underexposure outdoors pictures

Z1 and Z2 both have the same parts, but the sofware is improved in 2. Follow the link if you are interested.

Not saying it is a cold fact, but neither should you, It is definitely not " hands down " or " not even close ".

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Sony-Xperia-Z2-overview-Revised-model-takes-first-place-in-Mobile-rankings

Have a look at the sample pictures. Its a hands down victory. This is at a hardware level.

Its definite.

Edit: This argument reminds me of when Xbox guys try and argue that the X1 possibly has better hardware than the PS4

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|