By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has sony topped samsung as the best phone maker?

Is the xperia z2 the most impressive android device to date?

HTC M8 is better 50 11.34%

Galaxy s5 is better 68 15.42%

Galaxy note 3 is better 11 2.49%

Nexus 5 is better 19 4.31%

Xperia z2 is the best to date 222 50.34%

it is on par with the top 3 66 14.97%

Total:436

I cant believe people buy plastic phones that cost 700 euro. When I take out the Xperia Z, all eyes are on it, it looks premium.

Xperia Z had its problems, like batterylife and screen, Z2 fixes all the issues. Really best phone so far, tho htc One M8 looks great as well.

Around the Network
dandd said:
Other than possibly the PS4, I don't believe Sony makes the "best" anything anymore.

Their quality is pretty good (mostly) but their prices and features rarely are the best in the market.

BTW I'm typing this on my Vaio.

Best LED tv you can buy is sonys, least till new ones come out.

I'm an HTC fan. Never had a Sony phone, but they do look pretty nice.

leo-j said:
Shinobi-san said:
The Z2 camera is NOT considered to be the best camera on a smartphone that title goes to a nokia phone.

And just wow at the poll results XD

Z2 is certainly up there with the top android phones. You cant go wrong buying either of them imo.

WRONG MEGA PIXEL COUNT DOES NOT = BEST CAMERA..

the 41 MP nokia lumia is up there with the Z1 in terms of quality, but the z2 trumps every camera because of the lenses and sensors inside of the device..

Sorry leoj but you are simply making things up.

The nokia lumia 1020 has the best camera smartphone hands down. Its not even close.

You mentioned the hardware and the sensor - the lumia 1020 has a bigger sensor than the Z2.

GSMARENA has the most comprehensive camera comparison articles. I suggest anyone who is serious about camera smartphones have a look at it:

http://www.gsmarena.com/six_way_camera_shootout-review-998.php

And before you say "Hey Shinobi thats the Z1 not the Z2" well they have exactly the same camera

The only area you can neg points from the lumia is the time it takes to process its shots. But as permalite mentioned that phone is due for an upgrade...compared to the others which wont see an upgrade for atleast the next 6 months.

The Z2 does well though considering that it doesnt compromise on form factor, unlike the lumia 1020, and it probably has the best ANDROID smartphone camera.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Conina said:
NYCrysis said:
I have the z1 compact and it's the best android phone i've used to date!!! Sony has changed my loyalty with android smartphones. USed to be a samsung fan but since the s4/s5 they've lost me as a customer.

Yeah, the Z1 compact would have been my choice, if they had released (or at least announced) it a few months sooner. Most other good Android smartphones are too big to use them comfortably with one hand.

I love my Z1 Compact :) It's incredible that they just put Z1 into a smaller case without cutting anything out! And the battery lasts for 4 days easily. Just unbelievable.

For me all these phones are so good and so close to each other specswise, that a slightly better camera or CPU doesn't mean a thing to me. The premium look and being waterproof are two things that actually do matter and are important to me. This is something that makes a difference. Samsungs just look cheap, while Xperias have a vibe similar to iPhones - they just look premium. Since I wear a suit everyday to work, I want to have a more elegant phone. Also the size of the Compact is perfect, I don't want a massive phone and Samsung hasn't got anything to offer in this segment of phones.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

I dunno how Samsung could have ever been considered the best considering that their software has sucked hard from day one. Seriously, I can not believe how slow, clunky, and unreliable their UI still is.

Shinobi-san said:

The only area you can neg points from the lumia is the time it takes to process its shots. But as permalite mentioned that phone is due for an upgrade...compared to the others which wont see an upgrade for atleast the next 6 months.

As a Lumia owner, the processing of the shots is because it saves a second copy for sharing, you can get around that by simply using a different camera application that doesn't do that, you can also change which is your default camera application in settings for when you press the Camera button, so it's really a non-issue. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Shinobi-san said:

As a Lumia owner, the processing of the shots is because it saves a second copy for sharing, you can get around that by simply using a different camera application that doesn't do that, you can also change which is your default camera application in settings for when you press the Camera button, so it's really a non-issue. :P

Now now most people wont do that. So the point stands imo.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
Pemalite said:
Shinobi-san said:

Now now most people wont do that. So the point stands imo.

Well true.
But if you *are* a power user and intend to fully use the camera for all it's worth (Instead of just using it for selfies) then it stands to reason one would look into alternative camera applications anyway for different effects and adjustments, regardless of which ecosystem you buy into.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I am able to upgrade this year, shame my provider does not have Sony. Go with HTC and get rid of this Samsung.