By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has sony topped samsung as the best phone maker?

Is the xperia z2 the most impressive android device to date?

HTC M8 is better 50 11.34%

Galaxy s5 is better 68 15.42%

Galaxy note 3 is better 11 2.49%

Nexus 5 is better 19 4.31%

Xperia z2 is the best to date 222 50.34%

it is on par with the top 3 66 14.97%

Total:436

I'll stick with my HTC One M7 for now. Dat Blue is so awesome!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
The Z2 camera is NOT considered to be the best camera on a smartphone that title goes to a nokia phone.

And just wow at the poll results XD

Z2 is certainly up there with the top android phones. You cant go wrong buying either of them imo.

WRONG MEGA PIXEL COUNT DOES NOT = BEST CAMERA..

the 41 MP nokia lumia is up there with the Z1 in terms of quality, but the z2 trumps every camera because of the lenses and sensors inside of the device..

mM

This is definitely purely subjective. As in my case, Samsung has never been the "best phone maker." They aren't even number three.

If we go off only what's on paper, then maybe.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Mehh, I like Amoled screen better than Sony's one based on the last gen phones btw which is why I choose the s4 over theirs

But yes, Sony does beat Samsung in terms of specs but as always, Samsung will beat Sony in terms of sales cause Samsung are gods when it comes to marketing

the new screen on the Z2 is a signficant improvement over the z1 and z screens..

mM

Doesn't touch the Huawei phones by miles

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I would take the Nokia Lumia Icon

I have the z1 compact and it's the best android phone i've used to date!!! Sony has changed my loyalty with android smartphones. USed to be a samsung fan but since the s4/s5 they've lost me as a customer.

Sorry for the late posting but I had to calm down my Note 3. It was laughing its ass off.

Nah the Z2 is great and all but I wouldn't swap it for my Note 3. Maybe if Sony starts building smartphones with OLED I might switch from Samsung to them but I don't see that coming.

The Z2 might have a slight edge concerning processing power but in 5 months there will be a Note 4 which will ram any competitor into the ground again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have the xperia z1 and can really do nothing but reccomend it. In terms of versus samsung i like the xperia line especially because of the premium build quality and its waterproofing. Samsungs phones feel and look like a cheap plastic phone with only the screen and processors being comptetitive. In general though i feel like samsung products are becoming just as overhyped as Apple ones.

I have the Z and still on contract for at least another 12 months, though i wouldn't mind the Z2... looks nice. :(

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!