By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has sony topped samsung as the best phone maker?

Is the xperia z2 the most impressive android device to date?

HTC M8 is better 50 11.34%

Galaxy s5 is better 68 15.42%

Galaxy note 3 is better 11 2.49%

Nexus 5 is better 19 4.31%

Xperia z2 is the best to date 222 50.34%

it is on par with the top 3 66 14.97%

Total:436
leo-j said:
Shinobi-san said:
The Z2 camera is NOT considered to be the best camera on a smartphone that title goes to a nokia phone.

And just wow at the poll results XD

Z2 is certainly up there with the top android phones. You cant go wrong buying either of them imo.

WRONG MEGA PIXEL COUNT DOES NOT = BEST CAMERA..

the 41 MP nokia lumia is up there with the Z1 in terms of quality, but the z2 trumps every camera because of the lenses and sensors inside of the device..

The software Nokia built for it's Lumia lines is *what* gives it the edge.

The sad part is the Lumia 1020 is probably due for a refresh soon as it's been on the market for awhile.
However, the 1020 has a larger sensor, optical image stabilization and Xenon flash, which *will* give you better images than the Sony, it's an all-round a higher quality setup using bigger and better components.

So not only is the Lumia "1020" 'up there' with the Sony Z1, it's also better.

http://tbreak.ae/features/pro-photography-lumia-1020-vs-xperia-z1

Still need to give some time for a proper breakdown for the Z2 to see how it stacks up, but considering it STILL sticks with a horrible LED flash, more serious users will probably continue to stick/go with the lumia. (Not to mention Nokia's superior Camera software, that is enjoyable to use.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
I have the z1 compact and it's the best android phone i've used to date!!! Sony has changed my loyalty with android smartphones. USed to be a samsung fan but since the s4/s5 they've lost me as a customer.

Yeah, the Z1 compact would have been my choice, if they had released (or at least announced) it a few months sooner. Most other good Android smartphones are too big to use them comfortably with one hand.

But don't you get a free Samsung Galexy S5 when you buy one to give to someone else?

Or was that just a limited time deal?

The HTC M8 is a pretty good phone as well.
Besides, the Samsung S5 will outsell both by a large margin.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

In the end it really doesn't matter people will buy more Samsung phones.

Also Samsung has an octa-core S5 version too (2 x 4cores)

Around the Network

Other than possibly the PS4, I don't believe Sony makes the "best" anything anymore.

Their quality is pretty good (mostly) but their prices and features rarely are the best in the market.

BTW I'm typing this on my Vaio.

wow, 120 fps camera in a phone?
this is good!

Androids I've used include Samsung, Motorola, LG, Sony and HTC. I liked my Motorola milestone because of the slide out qwerty and I hate that no such phones are available any more, in New Zealand. Before that I had a LG that has a slide out QWERTY, which I thought was a better phone (nicer keyboard) but the touch screen stopped working. I don't particularly like the look and finish of Samsung phones, the one I've used most is a S2, which is a bit glitchy but is OK.

My HTC one looks great and works great. But I do like the look of the Xperia Z line of phones best of all the phones I've seen (and that includes the non-android varieties). But my budget could afford a HTC one and not a Z1. I will be eyeing up a Z1 for my wife's birthday at the end of the year.

Also because I carry my phone in my pocket I can't see myself ever owning a phone with total dimensions greater then the HTC one, which is probably a wee bit large for me as well, so for me any screen larger than 4.7" is actually a negative selling point.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I had a Galaxy and now I have an Xperia and just like the Tvs Sony is much better.

Well, their phones are definitely among my favorite right now. I own a Samsung, and after seeing the last two Xperias, I'm definitely switching over. I don't mind paying a premium for quality.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS