By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most underrated video game franchises?

I really can't blame Mount & Blade for being under-rated. It's quite a weird game.

Around the Network

Last of us: see this thread as an example: Last of Us an overrated game? Why make a PS4 verison? 

Spec ops: the line

Tales in the west

Endless Ocean. By far the most underrated series IMO.

Around the Network

Twisted Metal - Some of the best car combat games ever made. The series never got stale and constantly switched up the formula. The storylines for the racers were always a joy to watch, at least since the second game.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Trauma Center

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Oddworld -- quirky, demanding, and, all too often, overlooked
Shining series -- one of the better strategy RPG franchises around
Penumbra -- before Amnesia came this scary and intelligent horror series

Oh God this 2000000x. Oddworld is such a fantastic franchise.

Also, Destroy All Humans. Shame Pandemic Studios closed their doors.

RCTjunkie said:
Trauma Center

Awwwwwwwww yes. Trauma Center is awesome.

I'm gonna say Grandia, even though I only played Grandia 3, which happens to be one of my favorite jrpgs ever. Hell, it's one of the best games of the sixth gen, imo. I'd absolutely LOVE to see Grandia IV on gorgeous 1080p on the PS4. Darksiders is also a great game nobody remembers. Still haven't played the sequel though.

When it comes to individual games, The Legend of Dragoon and Twinsen's Odyssey quickly come to mind. The first is one of the best rpgs ever but, despite a strong fanbase, is NEVER mentioned anywhere. It was the best-selling PSOne Classic for a long time, so there's hope.
The latter is a PC game barely anyone knows. It's one of my favorite games ever, I'd really love a sequel.

Rogue Galaxy, Digimon World Dawn, Call of Juarez Bound in Blood and Half-Minute Hero also deserve honorable mentions. And then stuff like Okami and Mark of the Ninja are not underrated, but overlooked