By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

pezus said:
Why would X1 rise this week? Did it get price cuts that it didn't get before?

Kinect Sports Rivals launched.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Why would X1 rise this week? Did it get price cuts that it didn't get before?

This. Why the sudden +15% in UK and +12% in US ?

pezus said:

Yeah, somehow I don't see that as a possible reason for such a big rise.

I mean, One even got a 15% boost in the UK where Sports Rivals sold 5k

That 15% boost adds up to ~1500 consoles.

With hardware sales happening at many major retailers and a new game launching, a boost like this isnt really surprising.

pezus said:

Yeah I was wondering if more sales suddenly happened this week than the past weeks

Not really. One or two deals, thats about it.

The main boost comes down to Kinect Sports Rivals. Its the first real Kinect effort on Xbox One, so the people who enjoyed Kinect Adventures/ Sports on Xbox 360 will look at it as a system seller.

Expect it to have great legs.

pezus said:

Yeah I was wondering if more sales suddenly happened this week than the past weeks

Right now, from what I can see online, XBox is sold at great discounts in the UK;

Zavvi has solus package at GBP 349 (equaling the price of PS4)

Base.com gives you a retail copy of Titanfall for GBP 385

Game gives you Titanfall bundle along with retail CoD Ghosts for RRP of 399

Amazon.co.uk has Titanfall bundle at 349, a wonderful deal.

Basically, if we presume about a 750,000 unit surplus at retail warehouses (and about 150,000 of those in the UK approximately), it seems that retailers are having a massive stock clearance sale on XOne.

And sure, it will definitely drive up sales numbers, putting it ahead of PS4 for a month. At this rate, it will take 10 weeks for retailers to get rid of excess XOne stock, pushing it well into May. PS4 might get a bump from Watch Dogs to make May close, however.

But I seriosly wonder what this means for Microsoft's shipped number!? How many more units can they ship to retailers at this rate. They were successful to unload stock in March due to Titanfall bundle, but without any new games, I think it will be a huge accomplishment if they are able to announce "6 million shipped" at E3.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Lets be honest, whatever reason was given you would have said the same. 

OT

Titanfall is showing great legs, Infamous isn't, as expected.

I still think ONE will win in the US and UK, the right price and the right games will ensure this.

I don't think like you, kowen. 

Titanfall sales are expected obviously, since it's bundled with almost all Ones being sold (X1 is cheaper with TF bundled than without). Having said that, I thought you were one of those who said we couldn't speak of legs when looking at the first few weeks of sales...Also, infamous: SS is destroying I1 and I2 sales 

Its moving into week 7 and its holding.  I said that about people taking about legs in week 3.

Destroying I1 and I2 sales?  Thats really is some achievement right there.  The first big exclusive post launch on an extremenly popular new console (clearly lacking AAA software), versus an average games on a console swamped with awesome alternatives.  Bravo.

So you are conveniently ignoring the fact that the X1 is also lacking good AAA exclusives, and that could be the reason for Titanfall (X1)'s huge sales? This is the definition of hypocracy.

kowenicki said:
Ucell said:

So you are conveniently ignoring the fact that the X1 is also lacking good AAA exclusives, and that could be the reason for Titanfall (X1)'s huge sales? This is the definition of hypocracy.

erm... calm down.

My comments were CLEARLY about infamous ss v infamous 1 and 2 and NOTHING to do with titanfall.

ok?

So why just downplaying I:SS sales and saying only good words for TF?! When it's the same case or even worse.. the game is bundled on a console also lacking AAA software with a userbase that loves shooters (did in the past), in a country that loves shooters and supposedly Xbox...

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:

Lets be honest, whatever reason was given you would have said the same. 

OT

Titanfall is showing great legs, Infamous isn't, as expected.

I still think ONE will win in the US and UK, the right price and the right games will ensure this.

I don't think like you, kowen. 

Titanfall sales are expected obviously, since it's bundled with almost all Ones being sold (X1 is cheaper with TF bundled than without). Having said that, I thought you were one of those who said we couldn't speak of legs when looking at the first few weeks of sales...Also, infamous: SS is destroying I1 and I2 sales 

Its moving into week 7 and its holding.  I said that about people taking about legs in week 3.

Destroying I1 and I2 sales?  Thats really is some achievement right there.  The first big exclusive post launch on an extremenly popular new console (clearly lacking AAA software), versus an average games on a console swamped with awesome alternatives.  Bravo.

Need For speed Rivals, Madden, CoD: Ghosts, BattleField 4, Assassins Creed 4, Killzone Shadow Fall, Fifa 14,  Final Fantasy 14, NBA 2K, NBA Live, Theif, Infamous, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider, yakuza ishin. with MLB, Watch Dogs, Batman, Drive Club, Destiny, The Last of Us, Witcher, Evolve, Assassins Creed Unity, The Division, ever quest next, The Crew, Final Fantasy 15, PlanetSide 2, Mad Max, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, H1Z1, The Order 1886, Deep Down all announced and coming, along many others im certain i forgot. so please, dont spready any nonesense kowen. 

@underlined: i would believe that, if PS4 didnt have more games. but wait, it does. 

kowenicki said:

erm... calm down.

My comments were CLEARLY about infamous ss v infamous 1 and 2 and NOTHING to do with titanfall.

ok?

Don't spin it. You were clearly praising Titanfall and downplaying Infamous. Btw you can't call any game average unless you play them. Infamous 1 was decent and 2 was good while Second Son was incredible (clearly the series needed the power of the PS4) so calling them average doesn't make it a universal truth.

Nintentacle said:
Dem Wii U numbers gettin' low... Mario Kart 8 should have came this month!

Yeah... I don't want to know what the week before MK8 will look like. Its scary that the baseline might drop to 20k or below. The week before MK8 should drop lower than that because people waiting a week to pick up the console.