By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

I see these sales are laughably wrong, come on ioi get March NPD stats into your sales calculator, releasing this chart just makes the site a joke.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
What's going on here? How paltry can Sony's supplies possibly be? One is holding pretty well, Wii U going back to old trends, performing below my expectations as of yet this year.
Vita in US is... oh my god. 3DS down about 40k yoy, continuing along the route of an early peak.

I dare anyone to say that the console market will grow over the 7th gen...

does anyone really think this?

I have the feeling the One is not above the PS4 like this chart shows.

oniyide said:
Mummelmann said:
What's going on here? How paltry can Sony's supplies possibly be? One is holding pretty well, Wii U going back to old trends, performing below my expectations as of yet this year.
Vita in US is... oh my god. 3DS down about 40k yoy, continuing along the route of an early peak.

I dare anyone to say that the console market will grow over the 7th gen...

does anyone really think this?

I'm not entirely convinced that a lot of people do, but there are certainly those who oppose the idea of a market contraction for consoles.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181877&page=8#7

Vita US lol. Damn.

Also, dat Titanfall. I wish we had some digital Xbone numbers, must be substantial.

Around the Network

every console seems to have the right sales

This site still hasn't got the memo that PS4 is outselling the X1 by more than 10k per week in the US!

kirby007 said:
pezus said:

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.
"

-BenV

I'm not debating his points, i'm just saying the NPD is gospel is getting old, since they do exactly the same as VGC,

Eventho they might be more accurate even they do adjustments

I wish people would knock this BS off.  NPD DOES NOT do exactly what VGC does.  NPD gets real, exact data from the majority of retailers and then estimates the smaller ones.  VGC gets very little info and goes off of historical patterns.  Sometimes it works, sometimes they are WAY off.  There is a reason companies use NPD and VGC adjusts their numbers to reflect NPD. 

This site is great for what it is.  And it's older numbers are great for reference, as they have already been adjusted to be in line with official trackers and shipment numbers.  But let's quit trying to downplay NPD just because you don't like the numbers.

I get why VGC was wrong for March. It's not hard to believe that with the most hyped game for the One in 2014 releasing, as well as plenty of $450 bundles that come with the game, that MS may have pulled off a victory. But, even with all that MS still lost NPD to Sony. So, why does VGC think that with nothing going for the One this month, other than continued $450 bundles, that the One is going to win April? If anything, it will probably lose by a larger amount.

bubblegamer said:
This site still hasn't got the memo that PS4 is outselling the X1 by more than 10k per week in the US!

Ctrl F my name and find my first post in this thread.