By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW + SW Up 12th April 2014

thismeintiel said:
kirby007 said:
pezus said:

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.
"

-BenV

I'm not debating his points, i'm just saying the NPD is gospel is getting old, since they do exactly the same as VGC,

Eventho they might be more accurate even they do adjustments

I wish people would knock this BS off.  NPD DOES NOT do exactly what VGC does.  NPD gets real, exact data from the majority of retailers and then estimates the smaller ones.  VGC gets very little info and goes off of historical patterns.  Sometimes it works, sometimes they are WAY off.  There is a reason companies use NPD and VGC adjusts their numbers to reflect NPD. 

This site is great for what it is.  And it's older numbers are great for reference, as they have already been adjusted to be in line with official trackers and shipment numbers.  But let's quit trying to downplay NPD just because you don't like the numbers.

ehm so they both get a certain amount of data and they both extrapolate how is that different? AND PLEASE READ FOR ONCE I"M NOT DEBATING THAT IN ACCURACY NPD > VGC

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
thismeintiel said:
kirby007 said:
pezus said:

"1. February wasn't an adjustment month, the One did worse in March then February. Tax returns did very well for the console in Feb and outside of Titanfall week sales for the One were sloooow in March.

2. April is looking to be rough. I honestly won't be surprised soon if we see the One hit around 100k months soon. If MS dont make some drastic moves this summer will be brutal.
"

-BenV

I'm not debating his points, i'm just saying the NPD is gospel is getting old, since they do exactly the same as VGC,

Eventho they might be more accurate even they do adjustments

I wish people would knock this BS off.  NPD DOES NOT do exactly what VGC does.  NPD gets real, exact data from the majority of retailers and then estimates the smaller ones.  VGC gets very little info and goes off of historical patterns.  Sometimes it works, sometimes they are WAY off.  There is a reason companies use NPD and VGC adjusts their numbers to reflect NPD. 

This site is great for what it is.  And it's older numbers are great for reference, as they have already been adjusted to be in line with official trackers and shipment numbers.  But let's quit trying to downplay NPD just because you don't like the numbers.

ehm so they both get a certain amount of data and they both extrapolate how is that different? AND PLEASE READ FOR ONCE I"M NOT DEBATING THAT IN ACCURACY NPD > VGC

We don't know how many retailers VGC partners with though. NPD is gospel since the hardware manufacturers are happy to use those data.

PS4 has been adjusted up 70K as well.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Dem Wii U numbers gettin' low... Mario Kart 8 should have came this month!

binary solo said:
PS4 has been adjusted up 70K as well.

It's still missing 50k somewhere.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
@those who target/quote me , let me repeat myself : I'm not debating NPD is more accurate, i'm debating the fact that they adjust their numbers as well which you people deny that

and do you have any proof or evidence that Feb was an adjustment month? 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

TitanFall is killing it!

PS: Told you Knack was gonna put a bad taste in people's mouths... LOL @ All the people that said Japan has different tastes therefore Knack is a great game

its more to do with their being litterally 8 games on sale for PS4 here, virtually all of them western launch titles.

Xbone still beating the PS4 in America on vgchartz, what might've changed since last month PS4 officially beat Xbone by 60k in NPD? Did it get a pricecut? New game even bigger than Titanfall? PS4 got back in stock in most online places since March http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

And yet how do we have the Xbone beating PS4?

This month will show an even bigger gap with the Titanfall effect waning and PS4 gradually being better supplied imo. It'd be really nice to get motivations behind the sales estimates by the team, because this time it's puzzling more than ever.

Turkish said:
Xbone still beating the PS4 in America on vgchartz, what might've changed since last month PS4 officially beat Xbone by 60k in NPD? Did it get a pricecut? New game even bigger than Titanfall? PS4 got back in stock in most online places since March http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

And yet how do we have the Xbone beating PS4?

I lol'd at this. so many good points.

Yes. how did XB1 beat PS4 this week even though it could not THE MONTH TITANFALL LAUNCHED IN.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut