By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: More than 5 million Xbox One units shipped

These numbers are shipped to stores not sold to people.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

So in the grand scheme its really only 2 million behind (for now). You'd think with how PS4 has been selling the gap should be alot more.

Introduce a $350 kinectless SKU, keep pushing the bundles, Japan console decline/China wildcard, and offcourse the September launch in a couple dozen countries. Still anybodies game. MS just has to act fast and lose the last Don Mattrick legacy product.

uuuuhhhh...what? 7 million sold as of April 6th is only 2 million more than 5 million shipped as of April 17th? Yeah...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

JerCotter7 said:
I call bullshit on the 5 hours a day. Since some consoles aren't even turned on everyday they must mean for every console that connects online it is 5 hours average but that is still way too high of a number. Surely most people only get to spend an hour a day playing games. Then that would mean the rest are playing a ridiculous amount of hours a day. Even 5 hours a day on average is a bit too much to be playing every day.

I'd say my PS4 has an average of under an hour played each day. I just can't wrap my head around 5 hours for a whole install base. Even taking 4.2 million people playing 5 hours a day for 90 days will equal to 1.89 billion hours. Which is almost double the figure they give so that doesn't add up.

they said five hours on xbone not five hours gaming.  that stat sounds quite perfect to my expectations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954

i was on my ps4 for at least 5 hours today and i only gamed for a bit of it.  watched a few episodes of archer, bob's burgers, and breaking bad on netflix though.

So, around 4.5 million sales?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Nem said:
I'm impressed at how much inventory retailers are willing to take. Its a bit of a risk. I wonder how microsoft convinces them.

Well, it's not different than how much stock they usually keep for the 360.  Plus, these consoles just launced AND MS was pushing the largest, most hyped exclusive they have for the year last month, so I'm sure they are willing to keep a little extra stock than normal, thinking it was going to really push systems.

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

So in the grand scheme its really only 2 million behind (for now). You'd think with how PS4 has been selling the gap should be alot more.

Introduce a $350 kinectless SKU, keep pushing the bundles, Japan console decline/China wildcard, and offcourse the September launch in a couple dozen countries. Still anybodies game. MS just has to act fast and lose the last Don Mattrick legacy product.

Sony is 7M sold

MS is 5M shipped.

The gap is wider than you think.

This.  It's most likely ~2.8M-3M.  And you have to remember that this gap has grown this large after a mere 4 1/2 months after these consoles have launched.  That's incredible.  Now, imagine what the gap is going to look like after 1 year and 4 months.  It could be 10-12M.

drkohler said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Lawlight said:

As for the price difference, wasn't the Xbox One + Titanfall bundle selling for $399 in March? The controllers are the same price with the Xbox One being $10 cheaper than the PS4 one.

Bundle was $500 

Dunno where you got that from 

From probably every retailer and Amazon? There is a long trace of threads on this (and probably every other) forum that has threads with titles like "X1 only $xyz at xy, go get one!". You are really not trying hard enough.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|Xbox+One|37328270/c_3/4|cat_37328270|Xbox+One+consoles|37328802.htm#sohdr3

X1 with Titanfalls + Kinect sports rivals which is 110 euros worth of games costs 470euros, the exact same price as the console with no games right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - Just pointing out you are right btw DrKohler not disputing what you're saying.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Funny, it all looks like a masturbatory circle.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Remember when Sony used to play the shipped game? :)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.