By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: More than 5 million Xbox One units shipped

I don't want to be the one who says it (seriously) but maybe its time for Microsoft to create supply...constraints...if you know what I mean.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
drkohler said:

Sigh. For the 24567th time in the 2745th thread for the 736th hard-of-reading poster:

The Metro Group (Medimarkt, Saturn, etc) has over 1000 shops all over mainland Europe. They have been selling XBox Ones in most of those shops since January. The "13 countries" argument is completely bogus.

You do know alot of people dont know of these shops, right? Just because some people in europe know of them doesn't mean every european does. Sony already launched wordwide so alot of people already know this because its offical. Xbox one still has to release in europe this fall and china this summer. 

Before you comment on china. Keep in mind chinese hate japanese worst than they hate americans.....

A European who doesn't know Media Markt or Saturn has never and will never own a console. These stores are like Walmart or MacDonald's of electronics. Everyone knows them.

Also, stop deluding yourself that XO is only available in the 13 countries. It is available in every single country of the EU, that's what the Common Market is all about - there are no customs and if MS wanted to somehow limit the retailers and force them not to sell XO in other countries, then man, oh man, would they get a hefty fine from the European Commission :D I live in Poland in which XO is not officially "released", but it wouldn't take me more than 10 minutes to get to a store that has an XO. You can get it in pretty much every game store. In fact take a look at this service, it's like a Polish "eBay" (we dumped eBay and still stick to our Polish auction service ;) ).

http://allegro.pl/microsoft-xbox-one-147134?order=t

So... Yeah. The console sure as hell isn't available outside the few countries MS listed :) MS fans, just quit using this false argument, cause you are just setting yourself for a disaster in September, when MS launches XO in those countries to no real effect, cause all the MS faithfuls will already have a console and other customers will just keep on buying PS4, which will completely own the market by then.

XO is selling that much worse than PS4 because people don't want it that much. Period.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

A European who doesn't know Media Markt or Saturn has never and will never own a console. These stores are like Walmart or MacDonald's of electronics. Everyone knows them.

I live in Europe, have never encountered one of those shops and own pretty much every system under the sun. You are the one trying to spread false info here, stop it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nem said:
I'm impressed at how much inventory retailers are willing to take. Its a bit of a risk. I wonder how microsoft convinces them.

But see thats the predicament these retailers are in right now.  Both in the UK (ASDA and other retailers) and here in the US (Fry's and other retailers) are drastically slashing the prices of the Xbox One, or loading them up with a lot of free games or XBL vouchers.  I mean here in the states Fry's is selling an Xbox One for $460.00 with Titanfall and Forza 5 for free.  Why?  Because they have so many Xbox Ones sitting on their shelves and in their warehouses.  Now when do you think we're going to see a comparable PS4 discount (PS4 $360 + 2 AAA titles)?

ganoncrotch said:
Scisca said:

I live in Europe, have never encountered one of those shops and own pretty much every system under the sun. You are the one trying to spread false info here, stop it.

No, you live in Ireland (according to your profile) which is NOT mainland Europe. As I wrote in my 236455 posts about MAINLAND EUROPE. The Metro group does not operate in the British Isles so no surprise here that you can't walk into a Mediamarkt in Ireland.

Of course, all over MAINLAND Europe, people CAN walk into a MediaMarkt/Saturn/whatever its name and BUY an XBox One. There are a lot of countries in mainland Europe, by the way...

Around the Network

Guys, I spend almost 2 hours a day with Youtube on the Xone... it´s a great way to wait between TF or BF4 matches.

If my cable TV were HDMI I would surely be using it a lot more, Hell! I´m even geting use of turning up and down the TV audio with voice.

Dark_Feanor said:
Guys, I spend almost 2 hours a day with Youtube on the Xone... it´s a great way to wait between TF or BF4 matches.

If my cable TV were HDMI I would surely be using it a lot more, Hell! I´m even geting use of turning up and down the TV audio with voice.

At least you get your money's worth. YouTube is hella expensive.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

drkohler said:
ganoncrotch said:
Scisca said:

No, you live in Ireland (according to your profile) which is NOT mainland Europe. As I wrote in my 236455 posts about MAINLAND EUROPE. The Metro group does not operate in the British Isles so no surprise here that you can't walk into a Mediamarkt in Ireland.

Of course, all over MAINLAND Europe, people CAN walk into a MediaMarkt/Saturn/whatever its name and BUY an XBox One. There are a lot of countries in mainland Europe, by the way...

"Ireland (locally: /ˈɑːrlənd/; RP: /ˈələnd/; GA: i/ˈaɪərlənd/; Irish: Éire [ˈeːɾʲə] ( ); Ulster-Scots: Airlann or Airlan [ˈɑːrlən]) is an island in the Atlantic Ocean off the north-western coast of continental Europe. It is the third-largest island in Europe and the twentieth-largest island on Earth.[6] To its east is the island of Great Britain, from which it is separated by the Irish Sea and North Channel."

Ireland, part of Europe making its residents Europeans and this statement false, you made 236455 posts about mainland Europe? as someone with under 2k posts on here you have a bit of a tendancy for exaggeration I see, perhaps read the post I replied to instead of thinking of your 1/4 million unrelated posts knocking around inside your head, none of which I've had the pleasure of reading thankfully.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

pezus said:

The team and I had the honor of joining thousands of you in Austin, Texas at SXSW this past March as you waited in line for the Titanfall launch on Xbox One. We were blown away by your passion and enthusiasm on launch night and since then, it’s been exciting to see gamers around the world playing “Titanfall” on Xbox Live. Today, we congratulate our friends at Respawn Entertainment, and Electronic Arts, as “Titanfall” for Xbox One was named the number one selling game in March, according to NPD Group figures released today. 

We’re also happy to share today that more than 5 million Xbox One consoles have been sold-in to retailers since our launch. The new generation is off to a strong start, with global Xbox One sales outpacing Xbox 360 by more than 60 percent at the same point in time, a true testament to your love of console gaming. Even more important to us is how much fun you are having on Xbox One. It’s amazing that Xbox One fans are spending an average of five hours per day on Xbox One and collectively have totaled more than one billion hours of time spent in games and apps on the console.  We’re also thrilled to see your use and enjoyment of the latest features and apps we have released as part of our regular system updates.  In particular, we broke new usage records with the number of unique Twitch broadcasters in the first week of availability. 

Of course, we’re just getting started with this generation and the months ahead will bring several announcements we think you’ll love. The team will continue to deliver regular improvements and new features based on your feedback through frequent system updates. Many more games are on the way with titles like “Sunset Overdrive” and “Project Spark,” many new games coming to Xbox One through the ID@Xbox program, and many more entertainment experiences.  We can’t wait to share more games with you in June at E3. 

We are grateful for your support on Xbox One and the continued popularity of Xbox 360. We’re going to continue working hard to earn your loyalty and making Xbox the best place to play games. 

Yusuf

yeah i think microsoft is counting its eggs before they hatch.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Xbox one is doing great despite the competition being cheaper and out in alot more countries.

Way to spin a news dude, way to fucking spin it... Were you trained by Nelson?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan