By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: More than 5 million Xbox One units shipped

Ka-pi96 said:
Good so far.

Who cares whether it is shipped rather than sold, Microsoft shipping that amount proves that there is a lot of demand to get Xbox Ones.

Or they sold the Xbox one with a huge discount. Retailers thought they will get rid of it one day. Agh, I don't know :<

Still in shock that Xbox One didn't win March with Titanfall, discounts and freaking amazing bundles (Xbox one, titanfall & 1 year live for 450$). Hell, if the rumors are true, the Playstation 4 sold 60k more.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
xenogears1234 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Xbox one is doing great despite the competition being cheaper and out in alot more countries.

No no no the whole sony is in more countries bs argument is over.  Microsoft made a business choice (cause they cant sell stock in those other countries) with plenty of stock to not ship to those countries including japan.  Which they are waiting a year past the american/european launch to set up.  Which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they arent confident in their ability to compete one on one with sony in said countries, and given recent npd data in which they cant even win america with a major AAA title in titanfall on top of a price drop they are right to be concerned.  Face it this battle is all over but the celebrating.

Price and being out in more countries are the 2 big main reasons why the ps4 is selling more over the competition. That is a hard fact regardless of how you try to spin it. 

And Playstation is a much much more popular brand in most countries. Let's not pretend that Xb one is actually competing with PS4 anywhere they are both selling other than UK and USA, and it's not just because of price that PS4 is doing 3:1-4:1 on a weekly basis.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

If it really is 800k on retailers shelves (perhaps mainly UK and Europe) then Microsoft will be under huge pressure to price drop in UK/Europe. We may see pricing that is much higher in the USA compared to Europe eventually.

Great news for consumers though. Microsoft may be forced down below ps4 pricing, wii u may have to go lower again so its not at a price point close to the more powerful consoles. PRICE WAR!

lol shipped....not sold...:) walmarts around here have plenty of shipped xboxs on the shelves..but no PS4s

kitler53 said:
JerCotter7 said:
I call bullshit on the 5 hours a day. Since some consoles aren't even turned on everyday they must mean for every console that connects online it is 5 hours average but that is still way too high of a number. Surely most people only get to spend an hour a day playing games. Then that would mean the rest are playing a ridiculous amount of hours a day. Even 5 hours a day on average is a bit too much to be playing every day.

I'd say my PS4 has an average of under an hour played each day. I just can't wrap my head around 5 hours for a whole install base. Even taking 4.2 million people playing 5 hours a day for 90 days will equal to 1.89 billion hours. Which is almost double the figure they give so that doesn't add up.

they said five hours on xbone not five hours gaming.  that stat sounds quite perfect to my expectations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954

i was on my ps4 for at least 5 hours today and i only gamed for a bit of it.  watched a few episodes of archer, bob's burgers, and breaking bad on netflix though.

They also said over 1 billion hours when I showed it would be over 2 billion. Which number do you think they would use?

Your link doesn't back anything up. The ammount of kids who own an xbox one at this stage is probably quite low. Kids usually aren't early adopters and just because they spend 5 hours watching tv doesn't mean they will spend the same amount of time on a console. 

You could have played it for 5 hours a day for the last week. I didn't turn mine on for the last week so the average would be 2.5 hours unless you don't count consoles not turned on. If you do you would have to play 10 hours a week to make up for me not playing.

Around the Network
JerCotter7 said:
kitler53 said:
JerCotter7 said:
I call bullshit on the 5 hours a day. Since some consoles aren't even turned on everyday they must mean for every console that connects online it is 5 hours average but that is still way too high of a number. Surely most people only get to spend an hour a day playing games. Then that would mean the rest are playing a ridiculous amount of hours a day. Even 5 hours a day on average is a bit too much to be playing every day.

I'd say my PS4 has an average of under an hour played each day. I just can't wrap my head around 5 hours for a whole install base. Even taking 4.2 million people playing 5 hours a day for 90 days will equal to 1.89 billion hours. Which is almost double the figure they give so that doesn't add up.

they said five hours on xbone not five hours gaming.  that stat sounds quite perfect to my expectations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/average-american-watches-5-hours-tv-day-article-1.1711954

i was on my ps4 for at least 5 hours today and i only gamed for a bit of it.  watched a few episodes of archer, bob's burgers, and breaking bad on netflix though.

They also said over 1 billion hours when I showed it would be over 2 billion. Which number do you think they would use?

Your link doesn't back anything up. The ammount of kids who own an xbox one at this stage is probably quite low. Kids usually aren't early adopters and just because they spend 5 hours watching tv doesn't mean they will spend the same amount of time on a console. 

You could have played it for 5 hours a day for the last week. I didn't turn mine on for the last week so the average would be 2.5 hours unless you don't count consoles not turned on. If you do you would have to play 10 hours a week to make up for me not playing.

not sure what your kids comment proves,..

For all ethnic groups, TV viewing time increases steadily as we get older, according to the March 2014 “Cross-Platform Report” released by the Nielsen media ratings company.

and i don't really give a shit about your usage story.  average, look it up.

@bold

drkohler said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Lawlight said:

As for the price difference, wasn't the Xbox One + Titanfall bundle selling for $399 in March? The controllers are the same price with the Xbox One being $10 cheaper than the PS4 one.

Bundle was $500 

Dunno where you got that from 

From probably every retailer and Amazon? There is a long trace of threads on this (and probably every other) forum that has threads with titles like "X1 only $xyz at xy, go get one!". You are really not trying hard enough.

I can tell you as a fact, the console was only very briefly sold at 399 and it was gone in seconds.  The reason is that I would have bought the X1 for that price.  Amazon never sold the X1 at that price because I am sitting on a 100 dollar card waiting for such a deal.  I wish people would stop making statements as fact unless they truly know.  The best offer on the table was $450 but only at select stores not every store.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

kitler53 said:
JerCotter7 said:

For all ethnic groups, TV viewing time increases steadily as we get older, according to the March 2014 “Cross-Platform Report” released by the Nielsen media ratings company.

@bold

You said kids view 5 hours a day. I'm saying that personally as I got older I have less and less time to spend at a tv each day. I'm guessing anyone with a career would say the same thing. 

It's okay don't take it personally petal. I gave you an example of why it would be hard to get a 5 hour average so no idea why you would link me to a wikipedia page. Is it meant to show me where MS got their numbers from?

Also the HDMI through didn't work in EU very well at the start so I doubt many here used it. Also I doubt people turn there xbox on for 5 hours just to watch something they already watch on there cable box. Talk about a waste of money.

Anyway I can see you are taking this a bit personal so I'm not going to reply anymore in case I hurt your feelings some more. I will read your response though for entertainment value.

JerCotter7 said:

kitler53 said:

@bold

You said kids view 5 hours a day. I'm saying that personally as I got older I have less and less time to spend at a tv each day. I'm guessing anyone with a career would say the same thing. 

It's okay don't take it personally petal. I gave you an example of why it would be hard to get a 5 hour average so no idea why you would link me to a wikipedia page. Is it meant to show me where MS got their numbers from?

Also the HDMI through didn't work in EU very well at the start so I doubt many here used it. Also I doubt people turn there xbox on for 5 hours just to watch something they already watch on there cable box. Talk about a waste of money.

Anyway I can see you are taking this a bit personal so I'm not going to reply anymore in case I hurt your feelings some more. I will read your response though for entertainment value.

well since you don't intend to respond i'll just this,..  i never say kids anywhere.  go read my post.  i'll copy it here so you don't have to work too hard to find it.