By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: More than 5 million Xbox One units shipped

DeadBigfoot21 said:
xenogears1234 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
SaberSaurus said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Xbox one is doing great despite the competition being cheaper and out in alot more countries.

Well, it's not like those other countires would of made a difference in the xbones favour :p

Any country can make a difference. Size doesn't matter in some cases. I am sure all those countries would have brought the sales up. 

Thats not how sales work i repeat if microsoft who def have the stock to be in those other so called important countries didnt launch their its cause they knew they couldnt compete, and it was not prudent from a business standpoint.   Thats the bottom line your the only one trying to spin and make excuses for microsofts subpar sales not me sony launched in those countries what is microsofts excuse?

You clearly didn't know "CHINA" is in microsoft's mind and has been all along. That is why they are launching late this year in other countries. 

Right....so is sony whats your point?

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Xbox one is doing great despite the competition being cheaper and out in alot more countries.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|Xbox+One|37328270/c_3/4|cat_37328270|Xbox+One+consoles|37328802.htm#sohdr3

Xbox1 with Titanfall and Kinect sports rivals for 470euros

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm

PS4 just the console no games for 400

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say the RRP of a combined Titanfall and Kinect Sports Rivals would be more than 70euros making the X1 around the same if not less than the cost of the PS4.

Edit - Combined cost of the 2 games on Argos is 110euros so yeah... X1 console itself costing you 360euros bought like this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

xenogears1234 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
xenogears1234 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
SaberSaurus said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Well, it's not like those other countires would of made a difference in the xbones favour :p

Any country can make a difference. Size doesn't matter in some cases. I am sure all those countries would have brought the sales up. 

Thats not how sales work i repeat if microsoft who def have the stock to be in those other so called important countries didnt launch their its cause they knew they couldnt compete, and it was not prudent from a business standpoint.   Thats the bottom line your the only one trying to spin and make excuses for microsofts subpar sales not me sony launched in those countries what is microsofts excuse?

You clearly didn't know "CHINA" is in microsoft's mind and has been all along. That is why they are launching late this year in other countries. 

Right....so is sony whats your point?

Xbox one is launching in china in 2 months. It clearly shows they are really determined to bring it to china. 

Sony is doing it when? 

2008ProchargedGT said:

WOW 5 mill sold already its right behind PS4. To thinks its not even available in the 60 other countries PS4 is in also 500 more also controllers are 15 dollors mor expensive and you have to pay for live damn......

I'd say VGC's 4.2M sold to consumers is closer to the actuall sell-through number than 5M. 0.9M were sitting on shelves in January so 0.8M now seems reasonable.

As for the price difference, wasn't the Xbox One + Titanfall bundle selling for $399 in March? The controllers are the same price with the Xbox One being $10 cheaper than the PS4 one.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
drkohler said:

Sigh. For the 24567th time in the 2745th thread for the 736th hard-of-reading poster:

The Metro Group (Medimarkt, Saturn, etc) has over 1000 shops all over mainland Europe. They have been selling XBox Ones in most of those shops since January. The "13 countries" argument is completely bogus.

You do know alot of people dont know of these shops, right? Just because some people in europe know of them doesn't mean every european does. Sony already launched wordwide so alot of people already know this because its offical. Xbox one still has to release in europe this fall and china this summer. 

That's why I posted it 24567 times in 2745 threads. People could at least read it and then NOT post the "13 countries" nonsense.

Will it ever happen? Of course not, I have no hope. Just a few posts after mine, another poster popped up in this very thread and made the "13 countries" bogus claim again...

And, by the way, Mediamarkt et al is the "Starbucks of Europe", you really can't miss those shops. EVERYBODY on mainland Europe shops there one time or the other.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

WOW 5 mill sold already its right behind PS4. To thinks its not even available in the 60 other countries PS4 is in also 500 more also controllers are 15 dollors mor expensive and you have to pay for live damn......

I'd say VGC's 4.2M sold to consumers is closer to the actuall sell-through number than 5M. 0.9M were sitting on shelves in January so 0.8M now seems reasonable.

As for the price difference, wasn't the Xbox One + Titanfall bundle selling for $399 in March? The controllers are the same price with the Xbox One being $10 cheaper than the PS4 one.

Bundle was $500 

Dunno where you got that from 

DeadBigfoot21 said:

Xbox one is launching in china in 2 months. It clearly shows they are really determined to bring it to china. 

Sony is doing it when? 

You walk into any of the shops in China that are selling the PS4 and buy one (at least the Shanghai free trade zone is littered with shops). Can't get more simple than that, can it?

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Lawlight said:

Bundle was $500 

Dunno where you got that from 

From probably every retailer and Amazon? There is a long trace of threads on this (and probably every other) forum that has threads with titles like "X1 only $xyz at xy, go get one!". You are really not trying hard enough.

i was being sarcastic haha

DeadBigfoot21 said:
xenogears1234 said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

No no no the whole sony is in more countries bs argument is over.  Microsoft made a business choice (cause they cant sell stock in those other countries) with plenty of stock to not ship to those countries including japan.  Which they are waiting a year past the american/european launch to set up.  Which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they arent confident in their ability to compete one on one with sony in said countries, and given recent npd data in which they cant even win america with a major AAA title in titanfall on top of a price drop they are right to be concerned.  Face it this battle is all over but the celebrating.

Price and being out in more countries are the 2 big main reasons why the ps4 is selling more over the competition. That is a hard fact regardless of how you try to spin it. 

Delusional.

~ Mod edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus.