By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It seems Elder Scrolls Online is not a succes

It's amazing. I'm totally addicted. Even from a pure solo perspective it's the same quality as single player Elder Scrolls. It truly feels like Elder Scrolls. I have been absent from these forums due to this game and ignored all other games.

Around the Network

It is a failure and duely so. The game is quite a step back from the single player games. Its a WoW clone with some Elder scrolls elements thrown in the combat and UI. Actually, i dont know what the above poster is talking about as he is clearly playing a different game. ^^

But ESO fans can look on the bright side. Wildstar will probably tank even more. I think people are tired of WoW clones.

Slimebeast said:

It's amazing. I'm totally addicted. Even from a pure solo perspective it's the same quality as single player Elder Scrolls. It truly feels like Elder Scrolls. I have been absent from these forums due to this game and ignored all other games.

Totally agree, the game just feels like playing a single player game, its awesome. Played it all day yesterday and today (until servers went down). Its got that just one more thing feel to it...

The only issue i have with it is that its pretty unstable on Mac... had about 10 crashes or loading sticking... some missions wont activate until you log off and on. silly stuff.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Slimebeast said:

Totally agree, the game just feels like playing a single player game, its awesome. Played it all day yesterday and today (until servers went down). Its got that just one more thing feel to it...

The only issue i have with it is that its pretty unstable on Mac... had about 10 crashes or loading sticking... some missions wont activate until you log off and on. silly stuff.

I'm sorry, do quests on Skyrim come in the form of an exclamation mark on top of peoples heads? Are the buildings in ESO full of npc's furnashings and interactive objects? Does the combat have the visceral feel with blood splatter and blood stains in your weapons? Do you go in the wild and come across dynamic events that turn into quests?

No, you dont. Therefore i consider such comments inaccurate at best. The game is not even close to the quality of the single player ones. No need to even mention the graphical difference.

In a year ESO will die just like other mmo's that attempt to do monthly fees at first do (TOR is the latest). GW2, Eve, and WoW are really the only mmo's with a consistently dependable userbase (the other mmo's start out hot then die after 6 months just like TOR did and just like ESO will). The era of monthly fees is over. It was already heading that way but Gw2 pushed it over the cliff. Even the allmighty WoW is consistently looking a massive amount of players every quarter or so and will be dead within a year or 2 at this rate (but they will go free to play when it gets low enough, making it survive).

Around the Network

I wouldn't play the game even when they offered me to play as an imperial with the beta invite, the third beta invite I rejected. Its just a Wow Clone Elder Scrolls theme park.
If you are satisfied with Wow, and standard mmo fair you'll might like it if you can overlook the crappy quality. Those looking for a different experience will be solely dissapointed.
The game is static as fuck, and the binary quests are a joke, all the races are jokes because imperial is the definitive best end of story.
The highlight of the game, FemShep trades places with a generic wizard who you never hear from again.

You can't be a WOW killer if you are a WOW clone, you'll just get killed.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Angelus said:
This thread is not a success

this

Also OP's grammar.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Digital sales would probably account for another 300k, easily.

I do agree that it will be hard for then to to nearly as well as games like Final Fantasy XIV, let alone WoW.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

shikamaru317 said:
Nem said:

I'm sorry, do quests on Skyrim come in the form of an exclamation mark on top of peoples heads? Are the buildings in ESO full of npc's, furnashings and interactive objects? Does the combat have the visceral feel with blood splatter and blood stains in your weapons? Do you go in the wild and come across dynamic events that turn into quests?

No, you dont. Therefore i consider such comments inaccurate at best. The game is not even close to the quality of the single player ones. No need to even mention the graphical difference.

Actually alot of what you just listed is in ESO.

I dont know how you can say that with a straight face. If you played Skyrim, you know that isnt true.

It was pretty easy to see this game flopping after Stars Wars flopped considering Star Wars is more popular than Elder Scrolls. Good to see they released it full of bugs though. Turning the paying customer into a beta tester saved them from more money wasted.

Digital sales will not save this game.  I bet the average consumer will quit the game within the first 6 months after reading most players experiences with the game.  Is the game fun for some?  Sure.  However, I have heard a lot of negative about this game and I don't see it being able to support a consumer base that has to pay monthly.