By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your least favorite Mario Kart game?

Tagged games:

Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Super Mario Kart 54 13.85%

Mario Kart 64 44 11.28%

Super Circuit 104 26.67%

Double Dash 68 17.44%

Mario Kart DS 31 7.95%

Mario Kart Wii 66 16.92%

Mario Kart 7 21 5.38%

Total:388
akuseru said:

Wii is basically the console that made me part with Nintendo, after 20 years of owning only Nintendo consoles (apart from PS2, which was a very rare case).

The console that made me part with gaming all together was the Gamecube with its butchering of 3D Mario, Zelda, and Starfox.

The Wii brought me back into gaming with its freshness.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). 

Your gaming taste is awful.

On topic: Mario Kart 64, with Mario Kart DS in a close second place. Aside from the annoying miniboost mechanics (both games), the course design is the worst in the entire series (64). Incredibly lame tracks like Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are far too long while unintended shortcuts make matters even worse.

I have only played the original (a classic!) and 64. 64 was horrible and only got saved from been totally useless by the combat tracks. Plus, there was the amazing Diddy Kong Racing at almost the same time. I rest my case.

curl-6 said:
S.Peelman said:
Lol about the rubber-band AI in MK64.

It was very well possible to finish a race a minute ahead of the #2, people having problems were probably just not good enough !

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RubberBandAI

The most blatant instance is Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 64, which has a shortcut that can literally skip 40% of the course (which is, to this date, the longest course in the game series's history). Even if you hit said shortcut on all three laps, the computer is still able to catch you on the last lap.

• By turning on the map-view in Mario Kart 64 it's possible to watch opponents suddenly accelerate to unrealistic speed when they are far behind or ahead. Allow a single CPU driver to get too far ahead in 150cc and they'll reach the finish line in times no human player, even drifting experts, can finish in.

tvtropes sometimes likes to exaggerate. Regardless, I know it happened in 64, it indeed was noticable on the course map and the comment was meant a bit tongue-in-cheek .

Still, I've finished way, way ahead of the AI on many occasions, just like in the other games. It worked the other way around as well, when the player is in last place, the lower ranked AI will slow down to allow you to catch up so I'm not completely sure about that last sentence.

S.Peelman said:
curl-6 said:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RubberBandAI

The most blatant instance is Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 64, which has a shortcut that can literally skip 40% of the course (which is, to this date, the longest course in the game series's history). Even if you hit said shortcut on all three laps, the computer is still able to catch you on the last lap.

• By turning on the map-view in Mario Kart 64 it's possible to watch opponents suddenly accelerate to unrealistic speed when they are far behind or ahead. Allow a single CPU driver to get too far ahead in 150cc and they'll reach the finish line in times no human player, even drifting experts, can finish in.

tvtropes sometimes likes to exaggerate. Regardless, I know it happened in 64, it indeed was noticable on the course map and the comment was meant a bit tongue-in-cheek .

Still, I've finished way, way ahead of the AI on many occasions, just like in the other games. It worked the other way around as well, when the player is in last place, the lower ranked AI will slow down to allow you to catch up so I'm not completely sure about that last sentence.

Rubber banding can be done well, I just think MK64 went way too far with it.

I would pic Super Circuit because it looks the worst but i have never played it.

Double Dash was rubbish though. Could not get into it at all for some reason

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Double Dash by a long mile.

Unbalanced, with a mediocre selection of tracks and missing interesting multiplayer options.

1) MK 7
2) MK 64
3) MK DS
4) MK DD
5) MK SC
6) MK Wii
7) SMK

curl-6 said:

In Star Wars Ep.1 Racer it was even worse, the last couple of racers would literally stand still to wait for you if you fell behind XD

Wii, just not fun tracks, DD is still best

S.Peelman said:
curl-6 said:

In Star Wars Ep.1 Racer it was even worse, the last couple of racers would literally stand still to wait for you if you fell behind XD

And if #1 got out of your sight, they would go to light speed and become uncatchable. Good grief that game sucked...