By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - when will Wii U pass 7m?

?

End of April (really?) 23 2.58%

End of May 61 6.83%

End of June 171 19.15%

End of July 133 14.89%

End of August 141 15.79%

End of September 99 11.09%

End of October 58 6.49%

End of November 43 4.82%

End of December 78 8.73%

Later 86 9.63%

Total:893

Between the end of May and the end of June. Can't understand people who aren't going to buy a Wii U for Mario Kart after seeing the trailers.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network
ToxicJosh said:

December? So each week it'll sell 25,000 ww? Even the vita is doing better than that! :p

Edit: missed a 0 and autocorrect had some fun!

Im not sure If u have noticed but Vita has been consistantly selling better than Wii U on a weekly basis. But I would say sometime in the summer, could be early summer or late summer depending on what type of affect Mario Kart has on hardware sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm honestly thinking middle of June

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

zorg1000 said:
ToxicJosh said:

December? So each week it'll sell 25,000 ww? Even the vita is doing better than that! :p

Edit: missed a 0 and autocorrect had some fun!

Im not sure If u have noticed but Vita has been consistantly selling better than Wii U on a weekly basis. But I would say sometime in the summer, could be early summer or late summer depending on what type of affect Mario Kart has on hardware sales.

It was a joke. Although not a good one.

Especially as my maths was off by a factor of 10 initially!

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

there's a little known indie title called mario kart 8 being released at the end of may.

What are you so smug about? Just so you know at the rate the Wii U is selling at right now (a rate that has no reason to get better before the MK release, worse is more likely) it would need to sell over 700k consoles in MKs release week and the week after that for your prediction to come true. If you think this is even remotely realistic then you have learned absolutely nothing from the total failure that was your Wii U prediction last year.

OT: September I'd say.

bolded: that math would put the wii u somewhat close to 8 million.

the chart counting the first 2 days of mk 8 should put wii u very close to 7m, thus, it should cross the mark the following week.

Around the Network
bouzane said:

How on Earth is the WiiU going to average over 80,000 for the next 12 weeks?

Did you completely forget about Mario Kart 8 or did you just not pay attention?

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

there's a little known indie title called mario kart 8 being released at the end of may.

What are you so smug about? Just so you know at the rate the Wii U is selling at right now (a rate that has no reason to get better before the MK release, worse is more likely) it would need to sell over 700k consoles in MKs release week and the week after that for your prediction to come true. If you think this is even remotely realistic then you have learned absolutely nothing from the total failure that was your Wii U prediction last year.

OT: September I'd say.

the chart counting the first 2 days of mk 8 should put wii u very close to 7m, thus, it should cross the mark the following week.

I meant combined it would need to sell 700k in those 2 weeks. But believe whatever you want, we'll see what happens in 2 months.

Titanfall only helped the XBOne sell about 150k more above its previous baseline, and that was with tons of hype and bundles and price cuts. I doubt Mario Kart will do much more than that.

Wii U has been selling around 37.5k/week for a while now and there are no notable releases other than Mario Kart (that we know of) until the last quarter, so lets assume it stays the same outside of Mario Kart's influence.

1 million-150k from Mario Kart=850k
850k/(37.5k/week)=22.666 weeks

So it would take Wii U 23 weeks to reach 7 million sales, which that means it should happen around September 13.

lets see, according to 30k per week until mk8, 300k on launch week, more an average 80k for week after the launch.

right on the middle of july.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

I meant combined it would need to sell 700k in those 2 weeks. But believe whatever you want, we'll see what happens in 2 months.

Sure, and feel free to believe it will take till september.