By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - when will Wii U pass 7m?

?

End of April (really?) 23 2.58%

End of May 61 6.83%

End of June 171 19.15%

End of July 133 14.89%

End of August 141 15.79%

End of September 99 11.09%

End of October 58 6.49%

End of November 43 4.82%

End of December 78 8.73%

Later 86 9.63%

Total:893

Just before holidays... End year between 7,5-8M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'm going with by end of July. I think MK8 will push some sales, but summers are traditionally slow regardless.

End of July would be a safe bet, maybe June...

Sometime in september. Probably.

Hopefully this year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

It will get AT LEAST a million sales bump in the couple of months following MK8's release. Which is why it's so important that Nintendo KEEP the momentum going from there, with a steady release slate after that, and why they also absolutely NEED to get Smash Bros. out on Wii U this year. The 3DS version does not even need to exist, and it's very existence will absolutely cut into potential Wii U sales that could have been had, from people who wanted to play the new Smash Bros., and had to finally buy a Wii U to do that. Now, many people who already have a 3DS, will just get it on 3DS, even though the graphics are barely on par with Melee, and it's going to have more limited content all around.

I think SB on Wii U will still sell pretty well. But having it as a Wii U exclusive should have been a no-brainer to Nintendo. Those are the kinds of exclusives that drive your console. It'll STILL have a big impact. But the 3DS version will absolutely eat into that, to some degree at least.

But yes, I think it'll hit 7 million over the summer, and with a likely MK8 bundle to hit in the fall, that'll only help drive sales further. It'll be at at LEAST 8 million, if not likely more, by the end of this year. Nintendo just needs to quit having major gaps in their release schedule, and they need to advertise the shit out of it, plain and simple.

End of August. MK (hopefully, and I'm being a little optimistic) should make Wii U's baseline 2x or 1.5x what it is now, + the launch week numbers...

(With a bundle)

30k/week until MK = 240k120k on launch week = 360k + (1.5 x 30k x 14 weeks)= 1 million by mid August (Note that I went with the lower number)

Without a bundle, the launch week should be a little lower, and the baseline like 40k. So by September if there's no bundle.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Well look at all the hopefulls here. The options should have been this year, next year or the year after that.

My bet is next year and probably the end of it (December 2015)

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

At the end of August.

zorg1000 said:
ToxicJosh said:

December? So each week it'll sell 25,000 ww? Even the vita is doing better than that! :p

Edit: missed a 0 and autocorrect had some fun!

Im not sure If u have noticed but Vita has been consistantly selling better than Wii U on a weekly basis. But I would say sometime in the summer, could be early summer or late summer depending on what type of affect Mario Kart has on hardware sales.

Completely off-topic, but you need to change the wording in your sig. A shepherd herds sheep, a herdsman herds cows.