By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is full of used PS4 consoles. What's the meaning of this?

game_on said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
game_on said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
game_on said:
Japanese people see the PS4 for what it is, a piece of crap.

Because of 24 resales...

...and lack of sales in the first place

based on what exactly?

vgchartz

Your loss :P

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Maybe people that bought multiple thinking they could sell it for a higher price. Its a way of cutting losses.

After doing everything in inFamous, my PS4's been off. Platinum'd that game a few days after launch. There's Resogun but that's not really pulling me away from my other day to day tasks quite like inFamous did and there's really nothing else on the system right now that I'm dying to play and don't already have installed on my PC.

4 ≈ One

The hype mang.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

So there are over 3500 stores that sell gaming related merchandise so if we have for each 7 stores 24 used PlayStation 4‘s thus there are possibly 12000 used PlayStation 4‘s in theory. That is alot... Knack has a really bad taste that is permanently carving in minds/memories of Japanese gamers and that 40$ demo... hahaha Sony is abandoning Japan? :/

Around the Network

Maybe they started to hate home consoles after watching SAO and hearing about Sony's Project Morpheus.

It doesn´t mean much, actually. Consoles are cheap in Japan. it´s just that there´s not many games for it yet, so many people may feel that they really don´t need the console after all.
We all know that gaming in Japan is just about mobile and handhelds. Japan has been abandoning console game for quite some time.

japanese console market is in declining... what a DISCOVERY!

Haven't you been keeping up with the news dude? Japan isn't into consoles anymore, Sony needs to ship those consoles to countries where it'll actually sell. A lot of Europe is still starved, why not divert shipments and ignore Japan until they have actual Japanese games?

Dgc1808 said:
After doing everything in inFamous, my PS4's been off. Platinum'd that game a few days after launch. There's Resogun but that's not really pulling me away from my other day to day tasks quite like inFamous did and there's really nothing else on the system right now that I'm dying to play and don't already have installed on my PC.

Indeed, thre's nothing to play. And here I am playing through inFamous again, as well as MLB, Fez, Mercenary Kings. Still trying to get up the courage to play Outlast, and waiting for FFXIV later this month. Yup, literally nothing to play.

They heard the X1 is about to release and the Wiiu will revive in the wake of Mario Kart, so no need for a PS4 anymore.