By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is full of used PS4 consoles. What's the meaning of this?

It means ps4 is expensive and it's games didn't please the japanese audience.

Around the Network

Do I see Xbox 360 arcade consoles? Oh my

They all finished Yakuza Ishin and are going to PS3 and Vita to play the Final Fantasy X remaster and other great games

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

DerNebel said:
People played Knack...

Knack, the game that gives retailers their PS4 back.

That's a lot of used PS4's, I wish there was as many where I live so I can buy a cheaper one XD.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:

Indeed, thre's nothing to play. And here I am playing through inFamous again, as well as MLB, Fez, Mercenary Kings. Still trying to get up the courage to play Outlast, and waiting for FFXIV later this month. Yup, literally nothing to play.

People buy consoles at launch and expect it to have dozens of AAA games. I bought my Vita less than a year after launch and it had few games, only last year the line up became good (Vita is a worse case than PS4, but the idea is just comparing launch lineups). If you want to buy a console and have dozens of AAA titles, you need to wait a good 2 years to have it. I honestly prefer to buy consoles as close to launch as possible and enjoy watching the gen grow and the early games being hyped (when I say as soon as possible, I mean less than a year bu giving enough time to check if there isn't hardware issues).

Of course, I don't sell or trade my old consoles too, so I can still play their large library when waiting the games for the new one. I still have my Master System, PS1 and PS2. I really don't understand why people sells consoles. They usually can't be sold by much and I enjoy having that collection of old games.

Hype leads to regret. In my area (middle state NY) there are about a dozen listings on craigslist(a place to sell goods locally) for PS4s in the last week. I think many people bought it on hype and would rather have the money at this point and time(many here in the US dont have the money in the first place). They will be back when the library of games sucks them in.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

DerNebel said:
People played Knack...

true story.

...and the problem is: There is nearly no other option than playing Knack!

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Delete - double and incomplete.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

People finished knack and it being GOTG there won't be a better game to play so they returned their console. But kept knack, so we will soon se it doubling japan sales of itself...

Or it's like toast said and they are saving for X1.... Nahhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."