By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan is full of used PS4 consoles. What's the meaning of this?

They bought the hype
PS4 has no interesting games yet

Around the Network

No Final Fantasy No Gran Turismo no Monster Hunter No Dragons Quest no Metal Gear.

Hell no God Eater DriveClub no Darkcloud Demen souls type game no legit Ps4 Jrpg exclusive, so yahh.

For someone who supposedly visited these places, you're very ignorant about the used game market in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
For someone who supposedly visited these places, you're very ignorant about the used game market in Japan.

it is common in japan to have a second hand available after a few months of its release?

Nothing new. Japanese video gamers traditionally buy a game, finish it in a few days and trade it in while the value is high. I guess they bought the PS4, finished the games they wanted to play on it and then traded the console and games for credit at the shop. Some people don't want to keep the console for some reason.

Around the Network

Weirdness and crappy mobile.

aikohualda said:
outlawauron said:

it is common in japan to have a second hand available after a few months of its release?

Surely you mean a few days. You can find used copies of every major game in less than 48 hours.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
aikohualda said:
outlawauron said:

Surely you mean a few days. You can find used copies of every major game in less than 48 hours.

damn

Talal said:
They realized that there aren't that many games out for it. One of my friends really regrets selling his PS3 to buy a PS4.

Why would you do that?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Talal said:
They realized that there aren't that many games out for it. One of my friends really regrets selling his PS3 to buy a PS4.

Why would you do that?

Because of the hype, you do stupid things.