By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSB - Which version will you be buying?

Which version, and why?

3DS version 23 8.78%

Wii U version 96 36.64%

Both 143 54.58%

Total:262

I'll get both. The 3DS version to be able to play on the go, and since my closest friends only have a 3DS, so it is a bit better to play together, than to just do a reunion that some may miss, to play the Wii U version.

The Wii U version, will still be my main version, I prefer consoles for these type of games, plus I have more music, and lots of Nintendo characters appearing for the first time in HD.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

3DS!

3ds... digital copy.... i think i should get more digital games on my 3ds... esp when im travelling i dont feel like carrying cartridges anymore.... if i get a wii u i will sure pick one up....

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Judging by the poll, I'd say it's pretty safe to say that Nintendo's releasing strategy (not only releasing the 3DS version first, but releasing it at all) is paying off greatly.

I agree!

I plan to just wait for the Wii U version.

Although, my friends want the 3DS version and I'm sure they will try to get me to buy it too.

I feel like it might take away from the U version...because it won't feel new by the time it comes out if I get both.

Around the Network

I am getting the Wii U version, because honestly,  the stage selection is much better and the online aspect is also going to be much better!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE GAMEPAD INTEGRATION TO CREATE YOUR OWN GAMEPLAY AND LEVELS !

I plan on getting both...when I finally have some left over funds to buy a Wii U, Smash will be the first game I buy. In the meantime, I'll probably play the heck out of the 3DS version and hone my skills for when I finally get to play it on Wii U...

Also, I'd like to ask. To the 20 of you planning on getting the 3DS version only, would you have considered buying a Wii U if the Wii U version released first?

Both.

But only because the 3DS is coming first. Else it would have been Wii U only. I think this thread shows how smart Nintendos strategy on this is.

Both. Altho I'm not super eager to play this kind of game on 3DS, I'm sure it will be good and I can't wait to get my smash fix. The fact that the 3DS version is launching months before the WiiU, I'll buy this game as a appetizer to help me wait for the main course.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)