By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros 3DS will release this summer!!!!

Captain_Tom said:
AwakeandAlive said:

only 3ds version...
wii u version winter

nintendoooo >.<

Seriously why even release it on Wii U at this point?!

I hope there will be extra content for wii  u version

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
Captain_Tom said:

LOL or they just won't buy a Wii U.

In that case they were never going to buy the console on the first place even if both games released at the same time, so they are not a lost sale.

THANK YOU!

Kresnik said:
What a bizzare choice. The only reasoning I can think of is that they're unsure that the 3DS version will sell while they are certain the WiiU version will, so they're giving it every opportunity they can.

In which case... I think this was probably the wrong call to make.

I believe its because the 3DS version is practically done and the Wii U version needs more work. To me, this seems like a better strategy than sitting on the finished 3DS version until winter and releasing them simultaneously. We will see how this plays out in the long run...

Additionally, this likely means that either Bayo or Hyrule Warriors will be releasing in the summer/fall (likely both).

AwakeandAlive said:
Captain_Tom said:
AwakeandAlive said:

only 3ds version...
wii u version winter

nintendoooo >.<

Seriously why even release it on Wii U at this point?!

I hope there will be extra content for wii  u version

There will, 3DS got its own, and WiiU hasn't been shown yet. My guess its a Story Mode. Besides this makes it better as there will be connectivity

I wouldn't be so pissed about this if the Wii U version was getting exclusive characters... But apparently they will have the exact same roster... So from summer to winter there will be no new character announcements...
Fuck Nintendo... I don't understand you

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

I believe its because the 3DS version is practically done and the Wii U version needs more work. To me, this seems like a better strategy than sitting on the finished 3DS version until winter and releasing them simultaneously. We will see how this plays out in the long run...

Additionally, this likely means that either Bayo or Hyrule Warriors will be releasing in the summer/fall (likely both).

I will go with Bayonetta 2 for a late summer release (August). Hyrule Warriors looked very early on development when they show it, but I think it can release on December specially for Japan where the genre is more popular and the holiday sales start a little latter.

And there is always E3 for a surprise game announcement, with Nintendo you never know.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I wouldn't be so pissed about this if the Wii U version was getting exclusive characters... But apparently they will have the exact same roster... So from summer to winter there will be no new character announcements...
Fuck Nintendo... I don't understand you

they could release DLC for the 3DS version alongside the Wii U release...

Another Nintendo 10th man decision.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

tbone51 said:

There will, 3DS got its own, and WiiU hasn't been shown yet. My guess its a Story Mode. Besides this makes it better as there will be connectivity

I thought Sakurai confirmed there would not be a Story Mode this time around.

noname2200 said:
tbone51 said:

I thought Sakurai confirmed there would not be a Story Mode this time around.

Do you knon he trolls on purpose? Its never confirmed intill we see it lol. But even if its notva story, im pretty sure excluding polishing/fixing online mode for the delay in between versions, we'll get something huge. 3DS got something pretty damn cool