By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Molyneux: Kinect “Feels More and More Like a Joke"

I bet Microsoft employees are crying right now.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
fauzman said:
bananaking21 said:
kowenicki said:
A bitter old man that nobody cares about any more. I guess that can be hard to take.

He is flat out lying in this.

"saying random things and it doesn't work" erm... well yeah of course, its not human Peter.

He really is scrabbling around for attention now isn't he.

he isnt the one who seems bitter here. 

Lol this^. 

Though having said that, he does seem to have changed his viewpoint on the Kinect a lot since he left MS. Of course so have xbox fans about Molyneux. 

Going on what he said though I doubt MS will drop Kinect. They have come too far and I think it is more likely they will just do a price drop. 

He was greatly enthusiastic about the tech back in 2010. Fast forward to 2014 and what have we really seen out of Kinect in terms of potential achieved and hype met? 

I threw my hands in the air after Star Wars Kinect on the XB360, never looked back and never hooked up Kinect again.  

Granted Kinect 1.0 was essentially a work in progress sold as a finished product, but now that developers have access to a significantly upgraded Kinect 2.0 we still really haven't seen anything new; certainly nothing that Kinect 1.0 didn't provide, namely "Xbox on" etc. 

But I say give it time. It's still 4 months into the product cycle even though XB1 probably should have launched with a Kinect 2.0 killer app to differentiate it from the PS4 and justify the $100 premium. 

For the record, I said Kinect 2.0 was the main feature of the XB1 that would make me buy another Xbox, but as of right now, not even remotely close. 

MS should keep it in the main package though. Sure a $399 XB1 sitting next to a $399 PS4 would seem like a push when it comes to perceived consumer value, but the PS4 already has momentum going for it and more consumers would still buy the PS4 anyway. So MS is just going to have to speed up the effort to reduce the BoM on the XB1 package, or take a $50-100 hit off the current SKU and maybe offer a download code for a retail game or a year of XBL Gold, which is what quite a few retailers are already doing today (Titanfall bundle for $450 with a year of XBL Gold, etc.). 

AZWification said:

I bet Microsoft employees are crying right now.

Only those working within the Kinect division maybe. They're still getting paid the same salary regardless of how well it's doing. 

Whatever happened to that douchy looking guy who was always wearing sunglasses and was some sort of Kinect division rep or manager?

kowenicki said:
A bitter old man that nobody cares about any more. I guess that can be hard to take.

He is flat out lying in this.

"saying random things and it doesn't work" erm... well yeah of course, its not human Peter.

He really is scrabbling around for attention now isn't he.

You sound bitter

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Euphoria14 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Fables a joke just like he is. Hes right that the Kinect is not an Xbox One seller but it should've never been bundled out of principle. Theres not enough use for it even after six months out on the market to make it a viable manditory product. Its amazing that he could talk about the possibilities of the Kinect and yet the Kinect was one of his worst blunders with Fable in the first place. He looks like a dick no matter what he does. Its sad.

What did you expect him to say about Kinect while he was an employee of Microsoft? He wasn't going to trash talk it. 

Yeah and he chose to take on the Kinect. The guy could've figured out its limitations before the "tech demos" were complete.

Or maybe since he was a MS employee working for a MS owned studio he was told to design a Kinect game since they were very actively pushing it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

CleggaZ said:

The thing about Fable games is that they both suck and also blow your mind. So this is correct.

They are also awesome games :)

Wright said:
CleggaZ said:

The thing about Fable games is that they both suck and also blow your mind. So this is correct.

They are also awesome games :)

Good for you, bro. Some of the saddest RPG'S of all time based on the hype. They sold that game like it was going to be the end all be all RPG. Witcher and Dragon Age rocked this gen for sure. I hope more fantasy RPG's come out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Good for you, bro. Some of the saddest RPG'S of all time based on the hype. They sold that game like it was going to be the end all be all RPG. Witcher and Dragon Age rocked this gen for sure. I hope more fantasy RPG's come out.

Yeah, Dragon Age 2 certainly destroyed every single RPG before it.

oh sure he says this after being one of the biggest attack points against the technology with "Milo" staged demo.