By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My one wish for Final Fantasy XV

while I'm not sure if FFXV is going to be good or not. And there could very well end up being a female party member.

I don't think having an all male cast is bad in any way. So many RPG's J, or otherwise feel derivative because they force archetypes in your party. Rather than just saying, this cast of characters is what is needed to tell the story, and this is what we'll go with. (Again I'm not saying this cast of characters is good, there is pretty much no information, and the character probably shown the most besides noctis has been stella).

Out of important things, this would be very low on the list for me atleast.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
VXIII said:
I think we all can agree that what really matters is having well written characters despite being male or female. "wishing" for a playable female character just for the sake of it is kind of shallow.

I give this post a 100/100

Or maybe it's just a little nice to have some variety in the party, rather than 5 emo-looking men? Calling someone shallow just because they want a little variety in a game is a bit uncalled for, I appreciate great script, but adding female characters with great script wouldn't hurt either. 

It wouldn't hurt if there is a point behind it. Nomura stated that he aims to realistically show the positive aspect of friendship, he prefers depicting friendship over love, even though love theme will also be presented in the game. Having a party of 5 "buddies" and light-hearted relationship is new in Final Fantasy, having female characters isn't really unheard of.

Also, I don't think they are 5 emo looking men really ( not that is a bad thing ), they are fairly different  than each other. They are supposed to be freinds, having similarities is essential if you aim for realism.

Wright said:

Friends with Benefits?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Friends with Benefits?

The best kind of friends!

Areym said:
On FFXIII, i also only played with snow, hope and sazh. Why? I am a sexist pig or secretly in the closet...or both.

Weirdly, I mainly played with Lightning, Vanille and Fang... Why? because I'm a perv or secretly want to be a female... or both.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Areym said:
On FFXIII, i also only played with snow, hope and sazh. Why? I am a sexist pig or secretly in the closet...or both.

Weirdly, I mainly played with Lightning, Vanille and Fang... Why? because I'm a perv or secretly want to be a female... or both.

Crossdress yourself and send me pics.

Wright said:

Crossdress yourself and send me pics.

... hmmm. 

Nah, I'm good. Sorry.

Hmm, pie.

I just want to play the game.. Since fkn 2008.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
VXIII said:
VanceIX said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
VXIII said:
I think we all can agree that what really matters is having well written characters despite being male or female. "wishing" for a playable female character just for the sake of it is kind of shallow.

I give this post a 100/100

Or maybe it's just a little nice to have some variety in the party, rather than 5 emo-looking men? Calling someone shallow just because they want a little variety in a game is a bit uncalled for, I appreciate great script, but adding female characters with great script wouldn't hurt either. 

It wouldn't hurt if there is a point behind it. Nomura stated that he aims to realistically show the positive aspect of friendship, he prefers depicting friendship over love, even though love theme will also be presented in the game. Having a party of 5 "buddies" and light-hearted relationship is new in Final Fantasy, having female characters isn't really unheard of.

Also, I don't think they are 5 emo looking men really ( not that is a bad thing ), they are fairly different  than each other. They are supposed to be freinds, having similarities is essential if you aim for realism.

Maybe you're right and it will be refreshing, but I'm not sure. The male characters in Final Fantasy have always been a little inferior to the females. Yuna, Lulu, and Rikku were by far the most unique in FFX, Ashe and Fran were both easily better than Vaan, etc. Maybe Nomura will revolutionize the plot with his characters, but from what I've seen none of the characters are that interesting. All of them are dressed similarly, and there is a somber vibe around almost all of them. A female character can be added without being a romantic interest, as just a friend or acquaintance, and provide uniqueness and diversity in the party.

Maybe you're right though, and Nomura will surprise me. It just doesn't look that way right now.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC