By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Natural Doctrine (PS3/PS4/PSV) coming to the west in 2014 courtesy of NISA

Apparently not an April Fool's joke.

NAtURAL DOCtRINE to hit PS4, PS3, and Vita this Autumn, doods! Check it out here!

Today, IGN can reveal that Natural Doctrine -- the slick-looking strategy-RPG -- will be released in western markets. The game was developed by Kadokawa Games and launches in Japan on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita on April 3rd. Kadokawa is publishing the game itself in Japan; in the west, NIS will publish it.

Natural Doctrine puts players in a fictional world that revolves around a substance known as Pluton. Adventurers plunder Pluton from dangerous underground caverns, but there are evil and dangerous beasts, monsters, and more standing in between them and their loot. As evil follows these explorers to the surface, it's up to them to protect the city of Feste from destruction.

In some ways, Natural Doctrine seems to be most akin to games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, and even Valkyria Chronicles. It will be available in the fall of 2014 in both North America and Europe and can be purchased both digitally and at retail for all three PlayStation platforms. The game comes toting both Cross-Play and Cross-Save functionality, though it's unclear if there will be any sort of Cross-Buy between the versions.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/01/strategy-rpg-natural-doctrine-coming-west-for-ps3-ps4-vita?abthid=533ad488209d0af93e00001c

Around the Network

Looks okay, but I'll keep my eye on it

Looks decent, probably keep my eye on it. If the gameplay is half as good as the boxart I'll probably give it a go.

celador said:

Looks decent, probably keep my eye on it. If the gameplay is half as good as the boxart I'll probably give it a go.

Damn that boxart is amazing. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

celador said:

10/10

Around the Network

They're also porting it to Wii U.

Awesome. With FFT and Valkyria Chronicles as two of my favorite games ever, I'm really hoping Natural Doctrine lives up to the comparison. I just have to decide what format I'm gonna buy.

I'm also hoping Kadokawa Games turns out to be awesome. I guess we'll see with this and KanColle Kai.

Looks like nothing more than decent.

It looks okay, i will be picking it up on PS4 th system needs some RPGs.

Man that box art is really pretty, i hope we get that same japanese box art oh and OP nice Monokuma avatar! :)

NISA........You me Babies nooooow

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)