By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which works better: Wii Remote Plus or PlayStation Move?

Which works better: Wii Remote Plus or PlayStation Move?

Wii Remote Plus 148 36.63%

Equal 16 3.96%

PlayStation Move 158 39.11%

Have just tried one or no... 81 20.05%

Total:403

There are actually people owning a move? Consider me surprised but perhaps this tells more about sexual preferences than gaming passions

Around the Network

Move, no question.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Move its not even a content, just a pity Move didnt get any support.

Shortest Move joke: FPS...

Move is fine for wonderbook and some sports.

But besides the video / bluebox stuff Move can't touch WiiMote+/Nunchuck as this is much more stable and precise as the system has a "fixed" point to calibrate or triangulating the pointer on the TV screen which is known as "Wii RemoteBar"...

It is quite a technical achievement thats Move works so well despite lacking that "fix point". But neverless it speaks for itself that nobody prefers playing FPS on PlayStation using Move.

Also only a minor fraction of PlayStations sold because of Move.

Excact the opposite on the Wii / Wii U side: most people prefer playing FPS or "Point on the Screen" stuff using the WiiMote. And the unique selling point of the Wii IS the WiiMote/Nunchuck ...

The Wii U sales numbers also show that Nintendo (still) has a problem communicating their strategy regarding WiiMote/Nunchuck. Most people are simply confused if their beloved and preferred input devices are going to be used within the new games.

Hope that a Wii U Sports Club bundle will change that. But still concerned about Zelda. Really liked Skyward Swords for its sensational WiiMote gameplay...

Wii Remote Plus. Because there are games that actually exist for it.

BUUURRN!!!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:

BUUURRN!!!

hm?

list of Wii Motion Plus compatible games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Wii_MotionPlus

list of Move compatible games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Move_games

self-burn?

Lafiel said:
fleischr said:

BUUURRN!!!

hm?

list of Wii Motion Plus compatible games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Wii_MotionPlus

list of Move compatible games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Move_games

self-burn?

Nice try :)

Wii Motion Plus works for old Wii games + nearly every Wii U game = Wii Motion Plus FTW.

Therefore:

Wii Motion Plus > PS Move

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

mine said:

Shortest Move joke: FPS...

Move is fine for wonderbook and some sports.

But besides the video / bluebox stuff Move can't touch WiiMote+/Nunchuck as this is much more stable and precise as the system has a "fixed" point to calibrate or triangulating the pointer on the TV screen which is known as "Wii RemoteBar"...

It is quite a technical achievement thats Move works so well despite lacking that "fix point". But neverless it speaks for itself that nobody prefers playing FPS on PlayStation using Move.

Also only a minor fraction of PlayStations sold because of Move.

Excact the opposite on the Wii / Wii U side: most people prefer playing FPS or "Point on the Screen" stuff using the WiiMote. And the unique selling point of the Wii IS the WiiMote/Nunchuck ...

The Wii U sales numbers also show that Nintendo (still) has a problem communicating their strategy regarding WiiMote/Nunchuck. Most people are simply confused if their beloved and preferred input devices are going to be used within the new games.

Hope that a Wii U Sports Club bundle will change that. But still concerned about Zelda. Really liked Skyward Swords for its sensational WiiMote gameplay...

Please say you're kidding.  Move for Killzone 3 was awesome.  I've heard a lot of good players say that it was their favorite method of play.  The only problem was that not every FPS game used it as well as KZ3.  With Resistance 3, I ended up going back to the controller.

Move had a ton of potential with FPS games but I guess they couldn't get third parties to push it.

Move is pretty inaccurate when it comes down to subtle movements. Wiimote could be inaccurate with very fast motions (only when the game don't use the sensor bar and only motion controls). But overall Wiimote accuracy is better.

But the worst thing of Move is: Move is pretty horrible when you use it as a pointer. It is fantastic to play a shooter with Wiimote+Nunchuk where you use the pointer function to aim or rotate. Much more precise and faster than a normal controller. Move fails at this area completely.

Depends on the function, the games need.

Pointing on the screen (lightgun games, moving cursors) = Wii remote
motion sensors (sport games) = PS Move