By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which works better: Wii Remote Plus or PlayStation Move?

Which works better: Wii Remote Plus or PlayStation Move?

Wii Remote Plus 148 36.63%

Equal 16 3.96%

PlayStation Move 158 39.11%

Have just tried one or no... 81 20.05%

Total:403

Just a simple question. If you have tried them both, which one do you think works better/is more accurate? And please be as unbiased as possible. :))

I have just tried the Wii Remote Plus, so I wonder if the Move is worse, as good or better than the Plus.

And sorry if a thread like this has been made earlier(most likely has), but I didn't find any. :)

Around the Network

This isn't even a contest. If you ever used Move you don't want to go back. Not only is it faster but it's tons more accurate and registers movements of millimeters on all axes.

And yes, I have used Wii Remote Plus and it is not nearly as responsive as Move.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I've initially read it as "which looks better?"...so I was leaning toward Wiimote, due to Nunchuck.

Then I figured it's actually "which works better?"...there's no competition there, Move is superior.

My bias is towards Nintendo. Now, while Skyward Sword has the best use of motion controls of any game I've ever played the Move is just a better motion controller overall. Wish Sony would have done more with it.

Again, I call 'em like I see em. I keep wanting to go back and grab every Move/Kinect game I ever wanted because they're dirt cheap now. Maybe I still will.

having never used the normal Wii controller or the Wii motion plus (all I played on the Wii was Smash Bros and Mario Kart - with gamecube controllers) I can't compare the two, but Move feels pretty accurate in games like Tumble, Sports Champions etc.

configuring the Move for lightgun shooters is a bit of a hassle and usually you end up with a configuration that doesn't exactly map the reticle to the point of the Move, but personally I got used to that quite well and I map the reticle above the point on purpose nowadays, because that way it's easier to play these games from a sitting position

Around the Network

I never used playstation move, but Wii mote is cool. Sure it isn't precise for skyward sword, but it does the job

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

d21lewis said:
My bias is towards Nintendo. Now, while Skyward Sword has the best use of motion controls of any game I've ever played the Move is just a better motion controller overall. Wish Sony would have done more with it.

Again, I call 'em like I see em. I keep wanting to go back and grab every Move/Kinect game I ever wanted because they're dirt cheap now. Maybe I still will.

Well I've not played either so I can't say from experience, but the one piece of praise Sorcery got was that it used Move brilliantly. So if you haven't tried Sorcery it might be worth giving it a go.

I hope Sorcery becomes available on PSN+ because I'd like to give it a go. Though now that I have Bioshock infinite I've finally got a game I can use Move with for the first time since inFamous 2. And I much prefer inFamous with Move controls so I am quite disappointed that Second Sons did not include Move controls.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The Wiimote+ has the IR pointer, wins by default

There is no question...Move is FAR more accurate, precise and responsive. I have tried them both and for me Move wins.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

binary solo said:
d21lewis said:

Well I've not played either so I can't say from experience, but the one piece of praise Sorcery got was that it used Move brilliantly. So if you haven't tried Sorcery it might be worth giving it a go.

I hope Sorcery becomes available on PSN+ because I'd like to give it a go. Though now that I have Bioshock infinite I've finally got a game I can use Move with for the first time since inFamous 2. And I much prefer inFamous with Move controls so I am quite disappointed that Second Sons did not include Move controls.

Yea Infamous 2 with Move was amazing, felt soo much better to me than with the pad.

I doubt Sorcery will ever come to PS+ as a "free" game, because only a small fraction of the user base has Move controllers.