By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which works better: Wii Remote Plus or PlayStation Move?

Which works better: Wii Remote Plus or PlayStation Move?

Wii Remote Plus 148 36.63%

Equal 16 3.96%

PlayStation Move 158 39.11%

Have just tried one or no... 81 20.05%

Total:403

The PS-Move in my experience is a better pointer, and better at motion tracking. A lot of it is software, but in terms of consistent quality of motion/pointer tracking, the PS-Move is better.

When it comes to button layout and comfort, I feel the Wii Motion+ is better.

For extra credit, that wireless Navigation Controller for PS-Move is better than the wired Nunchuk, and being able to use two of the PS-Move at the same time (like sword + shield control) is something that Wii Motion+ hasn't allowed (yet).

Did you know the Navigation Controller for PS-Move is full accelerometer + gyro, while the Nunchuk is just a dumb waggle motion like the original Wii remote was?

Around the Network

I've only used the regular Wiimote without motion control plus and the Move.

The Move is better, but there are certain games that are very poorly programmed, or actually, just one game. House of the Dead Overkill sucks with the Move. If you aim at the end of the screen then Move back, the target will permanently change to how far out of the screen you changed. So if you aimed far out of the screen, the target can't move past the edge, and then you start moving back it'll be off by a lot. If you quickly shake the Move back and forth on the same game, the target won't go across the screen smoothly, it'll skip back and forth and then the calibration will screw up.

That's not an issue with the Move though. Just that House of the Dead Overkill's programming on the PS3 is absolute ass. All you need to do is play the well programmed games to see how much of a difference it is between House of the Dead and an actual game that works well with the Move.

Move has the advantage of the ball and camera, so it tracks the ball and where it is in 3d space, like how closer it is to the screen whereas i believe motion+ cant track how close to the screen it is, and only uses accelerometers for motion

marley said:
Rab said:
The Wiimote+ has the IR pointer, wins by default

This.

PS Move has position tracking, wins by default

But seriously, such oversimplified "which is better" discusssions are just stupid. We might just as well argue if apples are better than tomatoes.

ArnoldRimmer said:
marley said:
Rab said:
The Wiimote+ has the IR pointer, wins by default

This.

But seriously, such oversimplified "which is better" discusssions are just stupid. We might just as well argue if apples are better than tomatoes.

But apples ARE better.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Around the Network
ieatdragonz said:
ArnoldRimmer said:

But apples ARE better.

Not on a pizza ;)

Anyone saying Wii note or Wii motion plus is more accurate in any way is bull shitting.. The move is the most accurate of the big three motion control systems.. and by far..

mM
Conina said:
ieatdragonz said:
ArnoldRimmer said:

But apples ARE better.

Not on a pizza ;)

That's just a unique exception. Generally speaking, apples are indeed much better supported by food developers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dishes_that_support_Apples

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dishes_that_support_Tomatoes

On the other hand, tomatoes are clearly the better pointing device: The number of incidents where people choose tomatoes to throw at polititians and such clearly outnumbers incidents where people choose apples.

As far as tech goes, Move had a slight edge. It had the luxury of being a stand alone project while Wii Motion Plus was just an add-on to the existing Wiimote. As far as how they perform in-game, there's no difference. Motion controls never went much further than waggle and pointing. There were no Move games a Wiimote+ couldn't handle and vise-versa.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I have both and Move for sure. Its has just about everything Wiimote+ has and then some. Some complain about the pointer controls, they are not totally right, it really comes down to a case by case basis. Yes they are not great for HOTD overkill, but they work perfectly fine for HOTD4 (i know it makes no sense since its the same damn company). Killzone3 works like a dream, i dont even use the regular for that. Bioshock is ok, like I said it really is down to the devs and how much time they put in it i guess.

Software? im gonna say Move as well. Ninty themselves barely supported the damn Motion+ and no it doesnt matter if those Move games are Move only, that was never the point. God forbid we ended with some Kinect device that got just a bunch of shovelware in the end.