By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't there any mention of Nintendo's horrible software sales ?

???

Conspiracy ? ... 54 25.71%

Nooooo ... 8 3.81%

No, you're wrong ... 70 33.33%

Let me see the damn results ... 77 36.67%

Total:209

well Rol is a nintendo fan and only he can do a successful "we need to talk about this" thread.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
well Rol is a nintendo fan and only he can do a successful "we need to talk about this" thread.

It looks like I'm one step closer to his path ...

fatslob-:O said:
leyendax69 said:

Handhelds never have had high software ratio. 3ds and Vita both have almost the same according to this site (3 if I'm not wrong) and they sell a good amount digital.

As for Wii u, right now is not so high because the big games are not out yet, but it will most likely end up with similar ratio to snes and n64. That's the most it can get with almost zero 3rd party support. Responding to your question, their sales are not horrible, are good enough for them to make profit.

That's not good. The GB and GBA had an attach ratio of well above 4! Oh believe me when attach ratio is smaller an increment makes a huge difference.

Yeah, and 3ds has a few years ahead to increase that ratio... pretty much like every console still in production.

3DS software sales are dropping fast? That's news to me.

I checked and sure enough, 3DS software is not dropping. It's roughly flat with the same period last year. Keeping in mind that software continues to sell long after the hardware has stopped, if Nintendo wanted 3DS software to stop at 225M (N64 sales), they would have to discontinue the 3DS like... now. It's less than 100 million away, and sold almost 60 million games last year... yeah. They certainly can't afford to release more Pokemon games on the 3DS, and they should tell Capcom to shut down Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate right now.

When it came to the Dreamcast, these were the numbers that really mattered:

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:
Funny, GTA 5 alone outsold the entire Wii U library. ^^

Funny, Mario Kart Wii outsold the entire PS4 + X1 library. ^^

See how pointless this comparison is?

It is pointless indeed, never said otherwise. But it's still funny. :)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I'm fairly certain we do hear about the SW side. The difference is, far fewer people care about software, so you don't hear about it nearly as much.

The discussions are still there though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Which is logical hardware is only a tool to create your userbase, so if you don't have a userbase you don't sell software

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

fatslob-:O said:
leyendax69 said:

Handhelds never have had high software ratio. 3ds and Vita both have almost the same according to this site (3 if I'm not wrong) and they sell a good amount digital.

As for Wii u, right now is not so high because the big games are not out yet, but it will most likely end up with similar ratio to snes and n64. That's the most it can get with almost zero 3rd party support. Responding to your question, their sales are not horrible, are good enough for them to make profit.

That's not good. The GB and GBA had an attach ratio of well above 4! Oh believe me when attach ratio is smaller an increment makes a huge difference.

But GB and GBA had no digital sales whatsoever, not even cheaper games like DSi Ware or VC.

I expect Vita and 3DS to have a much higher share of digital sales than the home consoles, because it's much more convenient to have many games on the handheld itself than to carry around the handheld AND a bunch of modules. The convenience gain on home consoles (you don't have to change the discs) is much smaller.

Most of my buys for the Vita are digital (discounts for new releases for PS+ members, PSN sales with great discounts, many smaller titles without a retail release, PSP games, PS1 classics) and dozens of titles via PS+ subscription.

And I would love to go all digital with 3DS, too. What holds me back there for now: usually higher prices than the retail versions and no good account system... my only digital games for the 3DS are the ones I got for free (Super Mario 3D Land & Luigi's Mansion) and games without a retail version (Ace Attorney 5, Pullblox and Attack of the Friday Monsters). But many others have no issues with the price differnces and the account system and prefer digital 3DS downloads already.

_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:
Funny, GTA 5 alone outsold the entire Wii U library. ^^

Funny, Mario Kart Wii outsold the entire PS4 + X1 library. ^^

See how pointless this comparison is?

Yes I do. Especially when you consider that his statement is correct and yours is laughably wrong.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st