By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't there any mention of Nintendo's horrible software sales ?

???

Conspiracy ? ... 54 25.71%

Nooooo ... 8 3.81%

No, you're wrong ... 70 33.33%

Let me see the damn results ... 77 36.67%

Total:209

Actually, when you do the calculations for proportions, the Wii U has phenominal software sales. The amount of games per Wii U owner in very good, around 5 or 6 on average per owner. The sales might be bad but the attach rate is extremly good, which is a good sign of user dedication. Teh 3ds however, does have somewhat abysmal attach rates currently, hopefully that increases though. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Fusioncode said:
The 3DS has the worst attach rate in Nintendo history. Even with a fairly strong library people aren't buying many games. Smartphones and tablets have conditioned people to get hundred of apps for free so the notion of paying $40 for a game is becoming obsolete. Dedicated handheld gaming will be dead in ten years.

Nintendo handheld tie ratio

Gameboy-4.22

Gameboy Advance-4.63

Nintendo DS-5.25

Nintendo 3DS-3.04

This number will only continue to grow and does not take into account Eshop or Virtual Console sales. Nintendo 3DS software sales are fine.

It's not fine, it's a big step down. Those numbers are directly from Nintendo so they probably do take digital games into account. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well in Nintendo's defense the U sales are terrible therefore the software sales are bad. I mean looking at Pikmin and wonderful101 the sales are bad, but still They'll pick up in the long run, but they won't ever reach wii numbers

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I'm sorry but the WiiU SW sales are terrible. Only 9 games managed to sell above the 0,5M mark, it's very hard to defend a console with these numbers. The rest of the games were bundled at some point, yeah I know it doesn't matter but it still is something to take into account.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I wish this site had a way to track digital sales :/

Around the Network

It's not covered because it isn't really news anymore.

Nintendo had a select range of games on Wii that sold great or phenomenally, a few that sold well, and a vast hoard that sold abysmally, regardless of quality.

The pattern is repeating on Wii U, just with all the numbers cut down to a 10th.

Nintendo has to wow the hardcores AND the world at E3 to turn this one around.

Because with horrible hardware sales it's kind of a given. No need to beat a dead horse.

They where mentioned, quite a lot. You never saw one of Pavolink's threads? Go and check his threads!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Good find OP. I guess this is why the Vita is still supported by Sony. Combining physical and digital gives the Vita ~45 million software sales. That's over 1/3rd the 3DS's software sales with nearly 1/6th the hardware base. Interesting indeed...

Didn't Donkey Kong Sell more than thief on ps4 Infamous sold well not you want to talk about great software