By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't there any mention of Nintendo's horrible software sales ?

???

Conspiracy ? ... 54 25.71%

Nooooo ... 8 3.81%

No, you're wrong ... 70 33.33%

Let me see the damn results ... 77 36.67%

Total:209
Serious_frusting said:
_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:
Funny, GTA 5 alone outsold the entire Wii U library. ^^

Funny, Mario Kart Wii outsold the entire PS4 + X1 library. ^^

See how pointless this comparison is?

Yes I do. Especially when you consider that his statement is correct and yours is laughably wrong.

Actually MKWi sold 30 mil, PS4 is at around 14 and XO at around 12

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

and that is lowballing mkwii and rounding ps4/xo up

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Yh I know, I read it as PS3 and 360 somehow. Probs because I ain't feeling well. Fried brain and all that.

I'm  also on my phone so could not be. arsed to stealth edit

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

kirby007 said:
Serious_frusting said:
_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:

Yes I do. Especially when you consider that his statement is correct and yours is laughably wrong.

Actually MKWi sold 30 mil, PS4 is at around 14 and XO at around 12

MKWii actually sold 34.4 milion acording to VGChartz. XOne + PS4 sold less than 25 milion.

Serious_frusting said:
kirby007 said:

Yh I know, I read it as PS3 and 360 somehow. Probs because I ain't feeling well. Fried brain and all that.

I'm  also on my phone so could not be. arsed to stealth edit

And i'm the playa who takes his chance to take the opening

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:

According to Vgchartz

Mario Kart Wii-34.40 million

PS4 software-13.63 million

Xbox One software-11.13 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It's because Nintendo is becoming a niche thing. They sell hardware at or close to profit, develop their software so it makes a healthy return, and then put out wonderfully charming experiences. A small group of loyals love the company and that's basically it. They're basically in a bubble so comparing their sales to say, GTA, would be naive in this case.

As long as they can turn a profit, it's all good for both Nintendo and it's fans.

The 3DS has the worst attach rate in Nintendo history. Even with a fairly strong library people aren't buying many games. Smartphones and tablets have conditioned people to get hundred of apps for free so the notion of paying $40 for a game is becoming obsolete. Dedicated handheld gaming will be dead in ten years.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Tell me what you think:

Nintendo was trying to do what sony did with playstation 1 to playstation 2, sell with brand recognition. There are many reasons gamecube failed and having high horsepower was not one of them. I actually think if GameCube had weaker specs it would have done even worse. 

Here is why Gamecube lost the sales race:
1) playstation had name brand recognition (wii u tried to replicate this but the casual audience has flocked to iphone that's why there's an overall shrinkage of console sales) NES to SNES did this and Xbox to xbox 360 did this. Nintendo needs to realize that the hardcore is a loyal fan base.

2) the mini dvd format was off putting to developers of large memory games.

3) swaying casual and hardcore that ps2 had added benefit of being a DVD player. Me being a nintendo fanboy even gave in to this for a DVD player.

4) having the best 3rd party support- nintendo never saw metal gear solid 2,3 , Maximo, tekken, street fighter, rygar, grand theft auto, etc..this made me very jealous before I eventually bought the ps2 . I was having fatigue having played zelda and mario since NES days(15 years).  I was also pissed that many of these games originated on NES and SNES and I grew up with them ( so to those pissed about bayonetta lol I know how you feel x 100)

So there u have it SUPERIOR POWER is not the reason the Gamecube failed and here are my educated reasons why

Fusioncode said:
The 3DS has the worst attach rate in Nintendo history. Even with a fairly strong library people aren't buying many games. Smartphones and tablets have conditioned people to get hundred of apps for free so the notion of paying $40 for a game is becoming obsolete. Dedicated handheld gaming will be dead in ten years.

Nintendo handheld tie ratio

Gameboy-4.22

Gameboy Advance-4.63

Nintendo DS-5.25

Nintendo 3DS-3.04

This number will only continue to grow and does not take into account Eshop or Virtual Console sales. Nintendo 3DS software sales are fine.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.