By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't there any mention of Nintendo's horrible software sales ?

???

Conspiracy ? ... 54 25.71%

Nooooo ... 8 3.81%

No, you're wrong ... 70 33.33%

Let me see the damn results ... 77 36.67%

Total:209

I think they're selling a higher percentage of 1st party software on the Wii U/3DS than they did on the Wii or DS, so even with a lower attach rate they would still be making a good amount of money since the highest selling 1st party software stays above a certain price for a significant time period.

Around the Network

Because it's the lazy developers' fault.

Devil_Survivor said:

Don't own Wii U so cannot speak to that system's software sales, however owned a 3ds since launch and about half of my 80 games for the system are digital so I'm sure we would see better software numbers if we had those numbers as well instead of just the physical copy data.

Even if we had digital numbers factored in the sales of physical copies of the game account for well over 80% sales on almost all platforms. It's really only the PC that has some serious margins of digital sales.

fatslob-:O said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Don't own Wii U so cannot speak to that system's software sales, however owned a 3ds since launch and about half of my 80 games for the system are digital so I'm sure we would see better software numbers if we had those numbers as well instead of just the physical copy data.

Even if we had digital numbers factored in the sales of physical copies of the game account for well over 80% sales on almost all platforms. It's really only the PC that has some serious margins of digital sales.

Sure about that? Or just your bias for PC ? Sony has stated that Vita has 47 percent digtal sales and other ones probably have something in 20-30 percent range; that's not serious margins?

Nintendo-published Wii U games ( most of them at least) actually do quite well considering the  very "amazing" sales of the Wii U!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Because people who own the system only worry about how good a game is and not the sales. But when nintendo stops making certain games becaus of sales (f-zero, metroid, star fox) then they get upset.

Devil_Survivor said:
fatslob-:O said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Sure about that? Or just your bias for PC ? Sony has stated that Vita has 47 percent digtal sales and other ones probably have something in 20-30 percent range; that's not serious margins?

@Bold We all have biases so no need to scapegoat out of it.

We have an exception for the ps vita but does the same apply to 3DS as well as other systems ? 

3ds is a handheld which makes me believe maybe 10 percent is download or higher.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

All handheld systems have low attach rates, and I've seen plenty of people bring up disappointing sales for nintendo games, though often followed by a comment about "legs".

leyendax69 said:

Handhelds never have had high software ratio. 3ds and Vita both have almost the same according to this site (3 if I'm not wrong) and they sell a good amount digital.

As for Wii u, right now is not so high because the big games are not out yet, but it will most likely end up with similar ratio to snes and n64. That's the most it can get with almost zero 3rd party support. Responding to your question, their sales are not horrible, are good enough for them to make profit.

That's not good. The GB and GBA had an attach ratio of well above 4! Oh believe me when attach ratio is smaller an increment makes a huge difference.