By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why isn't there any mention of Nintendo's horrible software sales ?

???

Conspiracy ? ... 54 25.71%

Nooooo ... 8 3.81%

No, you're wrong ... 70 33.33%

Let me see the damn results ... 77 36.67%

Total:209
Ka-pi96 said:
The 3DS is in part down to rising digital sales, Wii U is hardly surprising considering its hardware sales.

The real reason though is lack of 3rd party games.

3rd parties largely consider Nintendo's own SW sales the ceiling on what they can achive. If NIntendo's own exclusives only scratch past 1 million on Wii U -- what makes them think they can do that much better? I'd wager even if Wii U were to be the most powerful 8th gen system, CoD, AC and other 3rd party games would still sell worse on the platform compared to PS4 and X1. Say you magically double or triple Wii U sales and the SW sales with it. That would more than likely be because an incredible Zelda, Mario or other Nintendo game came out. 3rd party sales would still be half that of other platforms (and that's being generous)

SW sales are pretty much entirely up to Nintendo. 3rd parties just piggyback on whatever success the Nintendo console has anyway.

People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I'm talking about TOTAL software sales here people ... Not just individual or specific titles.

_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:
Funny, GTA 5 alone outsold the entire Wii U library. ^^

Funny, Mario Kart Wii outsold the entire PS4 + X1 library. ^^

See how pointless this comparison is?

Mario Kart Wii was HEAVLY bundled with the console........................ Im just saying.

MohammadBadir said:
I wish this site had a way to track digital sales :/

^THIS..................

sabastian said:
_crazy_man_ said:
OdinHades said:
Funny, GTA 5 alone outsold the entire Wii U library. ^^

Funny, Mario Kart Wii outsold the entire PS4 + X1 library. ^^

See how pointless this comparison is?

Mario Kart Wii was HEAVLY bundled with the console........................ Im just saying.

Only much later on.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

No worries! This gentleman will probably take care of that issue by the time the PS6 launches!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
MohammadBadir said:

No worries! This gentleman will probably take care of that issue by the time the PS6 launches!

Well then I shouldn't worry about it then!

Fusioncode said:
zorg1000 said:
Fusioncode said:
The 3DS has the worst attach rate in Nintendo history. Even with a fairly strong library people aren't buying many games. Smartphones and tablets have conditioned people to get hundred of apps for free so the notion of paying $40 for a game is becoming obsolete. Dedicated handheld gaming will be dead in ten years.

Nintendo handheld tie ratio

Gameboy-4.22

Gameboy Advance-4.63

Nintendo DS-5.25

Nintendo 3DS-3.04

This number will only continue to grow and does not take into account Eshop or Virtual Console sales. Nintendo 3DS software sales are fine.

It's not fine, it's a big step down. Those numbers are directly from Nintendo so they probably do take digital games into account. 

The 3DS still has a couple years to go before being phased out. Maybe 3 more years.

That's the only time you can make a semi-valid comparison.

According to Nintendo, they have actually sold 152.29 million software units for the 3DS, and 29.37 million for the Wii U. So I suppose there are lots of digital sales, and maybe vgchartz under tracking as well.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

AZWification said:
MohammadBadir said:

someone is having an IOI fetish

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.