By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a retro room or gaming setup?

Gotta work that out. There's a few options. Can go down the MAME PC in a box route. Or there is actually a firm near me that reconditions old coin ops. Always fancied a JAMMA cabinet and a NAOMI cabinet. Then maybe a pinball machine (but they're high maintenance) and a Fruit (slot) Machine lol.

This is ideally what I'm thinking though. https://www.facebook.com/www.arcadewizards?ref=stream

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Gotta work that out. There's a few options. Can go down the MAME PC in a box route. Or there is actually a firm near my that reconditions old coin ops. Always fancied a JAMMA cabinet and a NAOMI cabinet. Then maybe a pinball machine (but they're high maintenance) and a Fruit (slot) Machine lol.

MAME PC is awesome, that was what I was going to do. Easily able to jump between titles.

I want to build the same and get someone to detail it for me with classic titles like Metal Slug, Ninja Turtles and Samurai Showdown IV.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

MikeRox said:

This is ideally what I'm thinking though. https://www.facebook.com/www.arcadewizards?ref=stream

That Street Fighter cabinet is sweet. 

I wish I had a place like that by me. Living in New York though, close to the city I am hopeful there is someone around.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

I must be getting closer to my stash of retro goodness. Just found something that I bet most Nintendo fans around here don't own or even knew existed.

That's right. Euphoria14 owns Nintendo UNO. Bought it from the Nintendo World Store in Rockafeller Plaza. Came in a nice metal case.

I have other swag from there as well. Hopefully I find it all!!!

Currently playing:

I have a setup with all the 6th gen consoles, so PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, and Dreamcast. It takes up a lot of room in my dorm room, but so worth it ~

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I used to, but not anymore.

I do occasionally bust out the Dreamcast though.

Nice collection. I had/have a retro closet but am in the process of clearing it out and selling my old consoles (could use the space and more money is always nice) only have the Ps1,Megadrive/Genesis, Master System.Gbc and Gameboy Pocket as well as games for those systems left to clear out( already cleared out and sold Wii+games,Ps2+games,Psp+games,Gba and Gba sp, kept Gba games since I can play them on my DS Phat+ lite).

While I would love to do something like that for aesthetic reasons, I'm kinda spoilt by emulators ;_;

I've got one.

Zisbest said:

I wouldn't necessarily call my room 'retro' but it's host to the oldest systems I've got. (Also my beloved VHS recorder )

Oh, I thought it was an Xbox One.