By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft says it’d be “stupid” to not put out a yearly Assassin’s Creed given fan interest

yearly Assassin’s Creed

YES ! 49 28.99%

please not... 118 69.82%

Total:167
yum123 said:
There right and your naive if you thing otherwise. If you sell 8 million + of a game each year of course you would maintain that rate until it isnt profitable which will be when people actually are sick of it, but as of now get real to the haters

Or, you know, you could release a new title in the series, say, every two years, and keep it going for a much longer time with no worries of fans losing interest.

Around the Network

Exactly, Ubisoft! Why don't you start releasing two AC games every year? Nothing could possibly go wrong! Nothing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

MTZehvor said:
yum123 said:
There right and your naive if you thing otherwise. If you sell 8 million + of a game each year of course you would maintain that rate until it isnt profitable which will be when people actually are sick of it, but as of now get real to the haters

Or, you know, you could release a new title in the series, say, every two years, and keep it going for a much longer time with no worries of fans losing interest.

Why would you lose interest if the games are the same whether you release it every year or 2 years. they simply put twice as many people on the game

I 100% agree. People who don't probaby don't know assasins creed. People need to understand that with some franchises they can't bring something completely new. AC is going to remain AC, same for cod. BF took 2 years, for what? Bf4 ressembles bf3 a lot. Theyre never going to invest to remake something crazy with AC because its basics have been set and they're not going to make it become an mmorpg. Time doesnt always define quality, cod for exemple, it is some reskinned stuff in a way. But people who like cod think its great. No its not going to become a totally different game. But people who like it wi ll enjoy it. AC4 was a 1 year dev cycle too but had the most innovative stuff with the naval fighting. It really would be stupid to not release it yearly, as it would not get really better and fans would forget about it.

I have grown bored of AC now, but if it helps funds new IPs like The Division and The Crew and maybe even old IPs like Beyond Good & Evil, then I'm ok with it.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
MoHasanie said:
Wright said:
Lollll, no thanks. Cod has gotten stale after mw2 just cause of this logic

Sales say otherwise, though...

Yea but this isn't cod though... the sales from mw1 to mw2 = increase or mw2 to black ops... But from asscreed 3 to Black Flag... the sales have decreased

But COD has shown some delcine now. Blops 2 sold 23.99 million across all 3 consoles and Ghosts sold 19.74 on PS3/4, 360, X1, and WiiU. So maybe COD has peaked.  

Exactly so I think asscreed has peaked on asscreed 3 based on the sales numbes so doing an yearly release would make this franchise more stale which = less sales = terrible logic by ubisoft..

You do a yearly release when the sales are going up not down

Every game went down with the console launch

I'm fine with 1 game a year as long as the quality is good. However, 2 is always too much, always!

Well, thats another yearly game added to the ever growing list of the so called "rehashes."

Well, I guess that's fine so long as the quality is maintained. Can they do that? This I am not sure, but let's at least give them a chance.

As if we didn't see this coming...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm obviously not their target audience then.

By that logic, Grand Theft Auto should be a yearly release.