By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft says it’d be “stupid” to not put out a yearly Assassin’s Creed given fan interest

yearly Assassin’s Creed

YES ! 49 28.99%

please not... 118 69.82%

Total:167
LiquorandGunFun said:

Keep it up stupid(whoever said that at ubi).

That middle isn't real though, but would be cool .

Around the Network
yum123 said:
MTZehvor said:
yum123 said:
There right and your naive if you thing otherwise. If you sell 8 million + of a game each year of course you would maintain that rate until it isnt profitable which will be when people actually are sick of it, but as of now get real to the haters

Or, you know, you could release a new title in the series, say, every two years, and keep it going for a much longer time with no worries of fans losing interest.

Why would you lose interest if the games are the same whether you release it every year or 2 years. they simply put twice as many people on the game

A number of reasons

First off, variety is the spice of life and all. Humans gradually lose interest in something if they're consistently doing it. The 2D Mario series has survived for almost thirty years without radically shaking up it's formula, and a big part of that has been on and off releases. Only currently, when Mario titles have begun to be released in quick succession and (3D titles included) almost annually, has a decline in interest begun to show.

(And yeah, not completely fair comparison since the Wii U isn't doing so hot sales wise, but even the NSMB for the 3DS sold well below what the one for the DS did)

Secondly, when writing a long epic like Assassin's Creed is, you run the risk people falling behind without ample time to catch up in the series. For example: A gamer plays Assassin's Creed 3, and is disappointed by it. The next year, Assassin's Creed 4 releases, and for whatever reason, perhaps because said gamer is wary of the series after 3, or simply because they didn't get around to it, they pass on it. Then the next game in the series releases the next year, and the person may finally be ready for another Assassin's Creed. But since they missed out on the story of the last one, they won't be ready for this one. Catching up would require them to play two games in close succession, which puts them farther behind in the story. Once someone gets behind, they are less likely to make an effort to catch up.

That's dumb. Only a big fan of Asssassin's Creed would do that.

Seriously, they don't want to end up like CoD. Releasing every year then it turns out that they'll just take your money and see how repetitive it is :3

Not a CoD hater but I feel like they fell maybe after Black Ops release...

Top 5 Games of 2013:

1. Grand Theft Auto V - 9/10

2. The Last of Us - 9/10

3. BioShock Infinite - 9/10

4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 9/10

5. Injustice: Gods Among Us - 8/10

Top 5 Flopped Games of 2013:

1. Aliens: Colonial Marines - 4/10

2. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 7/10

3. Dead Island: Riptide - 7/10

4. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX- 7/10

5. Dead Space 3 - 7/10

~God of War: Ascension ALMOST Made it to the list.

Madden is different. It's a sports game so, it'll always be released yearly.

But sometimes, EA doesn't know how to make a sports game. Yearly update? They sometimes just change the roster. 2K Sports is 10x better than them.

Top 5 Games of 2013:

2. The Last of Us - 9/10

5. Dead Space 3 - 7/10

i Stopped playing Assassins creed after brotherhood. That series is truing into Call of Duty.

Around the Network

Just do a Japanese setting one and shut the fuck up.

i see why not. Nintendo on Wii U has released more game with mario in it than I can count.

The solution is simple everyone, we need to stop buying Assassins Creed.

I've already started by never starting.

I've got to agree with ubisoft on this one. If people continue to buy it every year, why would they stop? They won't slow down their releases until people get angry about the quality of the game going down.

Cobretti2 said:
i see why not. Nintendo on Wii U has released more game with mario in it than I can count.

Mario games are casual. Assassin's Creed isn't so, it's completely different :3

Top 5 Games of 2013:

2. The Last of Us - 9/10

5. Dead Space 3 - 7/10