By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Thoughts (SPOILERS)

method114 said:
foodfather said:
Never planned on seeing it tbh but I am curious to see what the praise is all about. 98% on RT is crazy.

I liked Chris Evans, he was great as Cap, but I did't like the first movie at all, nor did I like Thor or The Avengers. Ironman was great, but the action was not so good, more so the characters and witty dialogue.

How does Cap 2 compare to this??? Is the action better or is this just a flick for die hard marvel nerds???

I like the action in this movie. It's not so much super hero action but more like Bourne movie's action. From what you said above though I'm not so sure you'll like this movie.

I thought it was great and I didn't like the first movie either. I also didn't really care for the first Thor. I will add though that I've never been a fan of Captain America or Thor. I did like the sequels to both of those characters though.

I hope they make a winter soldier movie that would be so awesome. I really liked his character in this movie and found him way more interesting of a character than anyone in that movie. I saw IGN write some article about him being a good character and I while I didn't read it I can see why the went out of their way to write an article centered on him.

Spoilers:  There was a storyline in Marvel comics called "Civil War" back in like 2005 or something.  It happened at around the same time as the "Winter Soldier" story in Captain America comics.  Anyway, when the Civil War story ended, Captain America was arrested as a criminal and then murdered.  They didn't know who would be the next Cap so Bucky (aka Winter Soldier) took his place (Though Falcon HAS played the role before).  Anyway, Bucky's run as Captain America was acclaimed by fans and critics alike.  A lot of the tone from the newest move is taken from Bucky's turn as Captain America.  Steve Rogers was more of a Super Hero while Bucky was like James Bond with a shield.  Even when Steve Rogers came back, fans still liked Bucky as Captain America so he kept the role for a while even when the original came back.

Anyway, Bucky would be great if they make him the same guy he was in comics.  It would work!

Around the Network

I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was a good as the first half of the last Capitan America movie, but it was still good. And I did watch the extras at the end.

Best Marvel movie ever? Nah, I would still put Xmen I and II above the others. I appreciate how they are more about the human condition and discovering that you are different and hope that changes and effects your place in a society.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

cyberninja45 said:

Movie was great, action was good, best hand to hand combat for a superhero movie (take that batman), story was good and the movie didn't screw you over like iron man 3 this is how you do a sequel. Probably the best marvel movie since avengers and the first iron man.

Spoiler

How does quick silver and scarlett witch fit into the avengers universe I thought they were from x-men although I know the whole marvel universe is someway connected but still.

they are a members of x-men and avengers... just like beast, storm and wolverine at some point or still a member... im not sure

maybe we will get avengers vs xmen movie...

im also concern how poweful they will make scarlet witch...her powers keep on flactuating 

d21lewis said:
superchunk said:
Just watched last night. Very good. Though I don't fully get the sneek peek portion. Is that Loki's staff? What's the meaning there?

That's not the big deal.  Loki's staff is just Loki's staff.  The big reveal is Magneto's kids, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver.  The Age of Miracles (aka The Dawn of Mutants...aka motherfucking X-MEN!!) is upon us.

That moment made me so happy but when I went a second time I listened properly to what they were saying.

Due to idiotic franchise/licence contracts mutants are stuck with X-men, even the term mutant. They added a claus which allowed Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to stay with Avengers as character from that comic but they aren't allowed to use the term 'mutant'.

Considering the entire Marvel Universe is essentially built on the back of Mutants (it's the reason why a huge amount characters have powers even outside of the X-men), this was a huge mistake. Okay so I don't expect Firestar or Justice to ever be in the Avengers films but I'd still like the Marvel Universe to keep it's most brilliant feature. When in SHIELD tv series Coleson said 'We don't know of any psychics.' So he could be lying or not know because of his clearence but the lack of psychics is dissapointing. I have a thought of who the Clairvoyant is but that charatcer while a Avengers villian is a mutant.

Hmm, pie.

d21lewis said:
The Fury said:
Kongfucius said:
Also, I can't really draw any comparisons with the comics because I've never read them, but my dad has and he loved it as well, so it got his stamp of approval as an existing fan

I do wonder if there are any comic fans out there that didn't like it and their reasonings. Well I say comic fans, I mean Marvel/Cap fans. DC fans don't count.

I'm a DC fan and I hate to admit that this was the best super-hero movie, EVER.

After watching the great hand to hand comabt in this movie I realized what an injustice they did to batman making look slow and clumsy when he was fighting, I mean he shouldn't be moving that slow he should at least be able to hold his own against cap (like batroc did) because well...... he's batman.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
d21lewis said:
The Fury said:
Kongfucius said:
Also, I can't really draw any comparisons with the comics because I've never read them, but my dad has and he loved it as well, so it got his stamp of approval as an existing fan

I do wonder if there are any comic fans out there that didn't like it and their reasonings. Well I say comic fans, I mean Marvel/Cap fans. DC fans don't count.

I'm a DC fan and I hate to admit that this was the best super-hero movie, EVER.

After watching the great hand to hand comabt in this movie I realized what an injustice they did to batman making look slow and clumsy when he was fighting, I mean he shouldn't be moving that slow he should at least be able to hold his own against cap (like batroc did) because well...... he's batman.

There were a couple of times where Batman and Cap faced off and...Batman won!  I looked at the first Captain America movie and especially this one and I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY could take out Christian Bale's Batman.  He's realistic but he just doesn't seem like he trained to be the pinnacle of human ability, an olympic level gymnast, a genius, or anything.  He just seems like a guy in a bat costume that's good at disappearing and throwing things.  That's why I tell people that Bale wasn't a great Batman.  He was just Batman in some great Batman films.

I'm getting a bit burned out on the comic book movies, but this one was solid.

I enjoyed it a great deal, one of the best Marvel films. Now I cannot wait for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hands down one of the most overated movies in years. 89 on RT. Top 250 on IMDB, are audiences and critics so easy to please these days???

I people people have short attention spans with media and entertainment these days but no, this is no where near the ''best marvel movie'' as most people are calling it.

Chris is great, the guy from Hurt locker had his moments, but other than that, everything in this movie just felt flat, underwhelming and no where near as clever as it thinks it is.

I do appreciate the scripts attempt at political intrigue and trying to actually bring some story to these otherwise mindless comic book movies, and while its enough to keep you engaged throughout the movie, none of it was very good, just passable.

Action was a step up from Cap 1, but thats not saying much. Set pieces just seemed very copy n paste. Shield spacecraft falling from the skies, didn't we already see that in avengers?

Average movie.

foodfather said:
Hands down one of the most overated movies in years. 89 on RT. Top 250 on IMDB, are audiences and critics so easy to please these days???

I people people have short attention spans with media and entertainment these days but no, this is no where near the ''best marvel movie'' as most people are calling it.

Chris is great, the guy from Hurt locker had his moments, but other than that, everything in this movie just felt flat, underwhelming and no where near as clever as it thinks it is.

I do appreciate the scripts attempt at political intrigue and trying to actually bring some story to these otherwise mindless comic book movies, and while its enough to keep you engaged throughout the movie, none of it was very good, just passable.

Action was a step up from Cap 1, but thats not saying much. Set pieces just seemed very copy n paste. Shield spacecraft falling from the skies, didn't we already see that in avengers?

Average movie.

Hail Hydra.