By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Thoughts (SPOILERS)

saw the film yesterday and loved it and i am currently reading the winter solider comic i gotta say cap is now up there with spider-man for my favorite marvel superhero

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Kongfucius said:
Also, I can't really draw any comparisons with the comics because I've never read them, but my dad has and he loved it as well, so it got his stamp of approval as an existing fan

I do wonder if there are any comic fans out there that didn't like it and their reasonings. Well I say comic fans, I mean Marvel/Cap fans. DC fans don't count.

I have no idea TBH, I dont't pay much attention to any sort of comic book fandom, it's not something I'm all that interested in :)

Movie was great, action was good, best hand to hand combat for a superhero movie (take that batman), story was good and the movie didn't screw you over like iron man 3 this is how you do a sequel. Probably the best marvel movie since avengers and the first iron man.

Spoiler

How does quick silver and scarlett witch fit into the avengers universe I thought they were from x-men although I know the whole marvel universe is someway connected but still.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

The Fury said:
Kongfucius said:
Also, I can't really draw any comparisons with the comics because I've never read them, but my dad has and he loved it as well, so it got his stamp of approval as an existing fan

I do wonder if there are any comic fans out there that didn't like it and their reasonings. Well I say comic fans, I mean Marvel/Cap fans. DC fans don't count.

I'm a DC fan and I hate to admit that this was the best super-hero movie, EVER.

cyberninja45 said:

Movie was great, action was good, best hand to hand combat for a superhero movie (take that batman), story was good and the movie didn't screw you over like iron man 3 this is how you do a sequel. Probably the best marvel movie since avengers and the first iron man.

Spoiler

How does quick silver and scarlett witch fit into the avengers universe I thought they were from x-men although I know the whole marvel universe is someway connected but still.

They're long timw villains turned loyal Avengers.

Also Scarlett Witch went crazy and pretty much destroyed the Avengers because she's so powerful (read "House of M" and "Avengers Disassembled")

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
The Fury said:

I'm a DC fan and I hate to admit that this was the best super-hero movie, EVER.

I think Cap America TWS had that what Man of Steel was missing: humor.. Not too much, but a few snarky funny comments..

Man of Steel was too gloomy doomy for me

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Just watched last night. Very good. Though I don't fully get the sneek peek portion. Is that Loki's staff? What's the meaning there?

superchunk said:
Just watched last night. Very good. Though I don't fully get the sneek peek portion. Is that Loki's staff? What's the meaning there?

That's not the big deal.  Loki's staff is just Loki's staff.  The big reveal is Magneto's kids, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver.  The Age of Miracles (aka The Dawn of Mutants...aka motherfucking X-MEN!!) is upon us.

I love this movie. Who would have thought that the two guys whose biggest directing-job before this movie was Community, a television comedy could make a action-movie with some of the best action-sequenses i have ever seen.

foodfather said:
Never planned on seeing it tbh but I am curious to see what the praise is all about. 98% on RT is crazy.

I liked Chris Evans, he was great as Cap, but I did't like the first movie at all, nor did I like Thor or The Avengers. Ironman was great, but the action was not so good, more so the characters and witty dialogue.

How does Cap 2 compare to this??? Is the action better or is this just a flick for die hard marvel nerds???

I like the action in this movie. It's not so much super hero action but more like Bourne movie's action. From what you said above though I'm not so sure you'll like this movie.

I thought it was great and I didn't like the first movie either. I also didn't really care for the first Thor. I will add though that I've never been a fan of Captain America or Thor. I did like the sequels to both of those characters though.

I hope they make a winter soldier movie that would be so awesome. I really liked his character in this movie and found him way more interesting of a character than anyone in that movie. I saw IGN write some article about him being a good character and I while I didn't read it I can see why the went out of their way to write an article centered on him.