By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will there no longer be PS4 supply issues?

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
true_fan said:

Lol ps4 fans are so gullible, there hasn't been any supply issues for months. Sony is just controlling the supply, put 2 and 2 together. They ever so conveniently had plenty of stock around the Titanfall launch and infamous launch.It seems supply issues is like a built in excuse now, sony is good I admit that.

Do you honestly believe this? Why can't you just admit that the PS4 is beasting after the XBone PR disaster.

Honestly I couldn't care less about sales as I am not an investor, but ps4 fans seem to use the it's sold out excuse for everything.PS4 is having an AMAZING start to this gen, but by constantly manipulating stock you crreate hype of a must have product. Also they can produce less saving manufacturing cost before their fiscal year end. All in all if Sony really wanted to meet demand, they could.

Around the Network

I'm just wondering a couple things

How many do they make a month? Pachters 1.4mio a month guess seems highly unlikely.

Are they going to ramp up production or are they hoping to meet demand with the production rates they have right now?

Are they and if they are, how much are they holding back for the holidays already?

DerNebel said:

How many do they make a month? Pachters 1.4mio a month guess seems highly unlikely.

Are they going to ramp up production or are they hoping to meet demand with the production rates they have right now?

Are they and if they are, how much are they holding back for the holidays already?

I'm gonna go with half give or take 50k

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Could be 2015.

Amazon and Best Buy have had stock for quite a while now. In the United States at least supply has met demand, other countries? I don't know.

Around the Network
fleischr said:

So PS4 inventory turns quite quickly any way you slice it. We hear a lot about the PS4 getting sold out everywhere. About half a million world-wide per month. Here are some questions that cross my mind regarding PS4 sales:

When will the supply issues cease?

When the PS4 hits its peak sales, will it still have supply issues?

Could Sony be keeping the supply artificially low to generate hype?

Could Sony be keeping the supply artificially low to justify the PS4's selling price for a longer length of time?

Does Sony strategically place more stock on key release dates of competitors as a way of being No. 1 at every possible time?

For comparison, in the height of the Wii craze, Nintendo sold nearly 2 million Wiis per month. During the beginning of the Wii craze, Nintendo had similar supply problems, but was shipping/selling fewer Wiis than what the PS4 does now.

Next Thursday.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kirby007 said:

nonsense, if they would ship 250k every week numbers would be more stable

I will start in 2014...

Week 1: 0k * Affected by the China Holidays (Chinese Factories takes a two weeks break in late December and early January)
Week 2: 100k * Yet affected by China Holidays
Week 3: 250k
Week 4: 250k
Week 5: 200k * Holding stock to Japan launch
Week 6: 150k * Holding stock to Japan launch
Week 7: 150k * Holsing stock to Japan Launch
Week 8: 500k * Japan Launch
Week 9: 250k
Week 10: 250k
Week 11: 250k
Week 12: 250k

Total: 2.6m

I guess they shipped 4.5 million in 2013... sum these 2.6m and you have 7.1 million shipped right now... add more 250k for the last week of March and you will have ~7.3m right for the end of March 2014.

You can change some weeks by +-50k... maybe the Chinese Holidays affected the Week 3 too but the fact is that I expect over 7 million units shipped as end of March 2014... that's means 250k units shipped avg. per week.

BTW I was close to the 2013 PS4 shipment too if you want to record: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5630837

DerNebel said:

From a financial perspective, it's not wise to hold lots of finished inventory for a long time. But I think they organize supply shipment around key releases. As more larger releases come through, they're opening their production and shipments further. They want to sure the remaining majority have a set of games Sony knows for certain their consumers will like. While early adopters may be big fans of Killzone, Knack, and Infamous, there's no guarantee everyone else will love the games the same way. You have to be able to carry strong consumer sentiment in the early months and keep it growing stronger as the months progress.

AMD (which also sells X1 parts) is facing supply constraints -- so that might be holding back production from reaching that 1.4 million level.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I think PS4 already hit the demand in USA,but in europe i think the demand will still continue to overcome supply.

Later in the year. I only saw one PS4 in my Target ever since it was launched.