By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will there no longer be PS4 supply issues?

true_fan said:

Lol ps4 fans are so gullible, there hasn't been any supply issues for months. Sony is just controlling the supply, put 2 and 2 together. They ever so conveniently had plenty of stock around the Titanfall launch and infamous launch.It seems supply issues is like a built in excuse now, sony is good I admit that.

So Sony is purposely trying to make less money by holding back stock, so that fans on some forums can use it as an explanation for why the PS4 is only winning by quite a lot, rather than an awful lot?

Seems legit.

Around the Network

PS4 has been available.

true_fan said:

Lol ps4 fans are so gullible, there hasn't been any supply issues for months. Sony is just controlling the supply, put 2 and 2 together. They ever so conveniently had plenty of stock around the Titanfall launch and infamous launch.It seems supply issues is like a built in excuse now, sony is good I admit that.

Do you honestly believe this? Why can't you just admit that the PS4 is beasting after the XBone PR disaster.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

sales2099 said:
Could Sony be keeping the supply artificially low to justify the PS4's selling price for a longer length of time?

Does Sony strategically place more stock on key release dates of competitors as a way of being No. 1 at every possible time?

Quite possibly those 2. Not ramping up supply would make word of mouth and desirability go through the roof and wouldn't put pressure on them to price cut for a very long time.

And I did find it very odd how PS4 supply magically got a huge shipment when Infamous released. Sony could very well be saving some for more opportune times of the year.

Huge shipment? 250k units is what they are shiping every week I guess but they are shipping 50k to Japan every week too... so they just sent these 50k units for Japan to inFAMOUS release.

This is a doable option too.

Managment of the stock between the regions is something all companies needs to face.

I have yet to see one in the wild in my area. Who knows?

Around the Network
ImmortalHelixFossil said:
true_fan said:

Do you honestly believe this? Why can't you just admit that the PS4 is beasting after the XBone PR disaster.

Both ideas aren't mutually exclusive. You'd think Lord Helix would consider all possibilities.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:
Could Sony be keeping the supply artificially low to justify the PS4's selling price for a longer length of time?

Does Sony strategically place more stock on key release dates of competitors as a way of being No. 1 at every possible time?

Quite possibly those 2. Not ramping up supply would make word of mouth and desirability go through the roof and wouldn't put pressure on them to price cut for a very long time.

And I did find it very odd how PS4 supply magically got a huge shipment when Infamous released. Sony could very well be saving some for more opportune times of the year.

Huge shipment? 250k units is what they are shiping every week I guess but they are shipping 50k to Japan every week too... so they just sent these 50k units for Japan to inFAMOUS release.

Managment of the stock between the regions is something all companies needs to face.

nonsense, if they would ship 250k every week numbers would be more stable

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

Perhaps VGC is under-tracking the PS4 sales? We'll find out soon, when Sony publish their financial results.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Haven't the supply issues in NA mostly been solved? Now Europe needs stock and all the other countries they launched in need stock.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
kirby007 said:
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

Perhaps VGC is under-tracking the PS4 sales? We'll find out soon, when Sony publish their financial results.

Those numbers won't tell us anything unless we really have 100% sellthrough, seeing they still only report sold to retailers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.