By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo debut new tech half way through this gen??

milkyjoe said:
Seece said:

Ah so the recent trends mean nothing to you, ok. You never would have predicted 3DS would be down 50% YoY on average weekly, and you despite this happening you don't entertain the idea it could happen again? What did pokemon ect do for 3DS exactly? The console has been down YOY for ages now. There is nothing to suggest 3DS doesn't fall to 20k weekly in Japan next year (which isn't even down 50%) and the Vita sustains around the level. Heck it already is without software.

Don't try and make out it's an outlandish claim, I've already proven you wrong once. Also don't forget that PSP took off late in Japan but when it did, it was a powerhouse.

Yeah, Pokemon did nothing for the 3DS, it only sold over 200k in Japan that week (which is 10x your predicted weekly baseline there). Monster Hunter does nothing either, MH4 took the 3DS to 275k and MHTriG took it to 350k.

And the PSP took off because it had all the mainline Monster Hunter games. Which are now 3DS exclusive. I mean... come on.

Recent trends are recent trends, they can be changed by one truly big game, which Vita never gets.

Yeah lets use pokemons launch week as a basis for the weekly average rather than look at what it's done for the last 6 weeks which is around 30k. Are you seriously suggesting that?

Monster hunter is exclusive for now.

That's funny, you seem to want to ignore that for the 3DS. Go look at this weeks numbers, THAT is the recent trend and that only has to fall 30% to hit 20k weekly like I suggested.

Also, unless you've seen Nintendos contract with Capcom, you don't know if MH will ever come to vita.

Around the Network
Seece said:
VitroBahllee said:
Nintendo's biggest problem right now is they are struggling to learn how to develop in a reasonable timeframe for HD. A new platform probably wouldn't help.

Nah, their biggest problem is figuring out who they want to target their systems at. WiiU especially is suffering from this.

Nah, Vitro is right. While a thing that sells the system on it alone (like WiiSports did for Wii) would be great, it is not the normal way for consoles. As WiiU works again as a normal console like Gamecube or N64, they need games to increase the value. And these release too slow. That's pretty similar to what was visible at the start of the PS3: delays. Nintendo needs to fix these.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Good marketing is all they need. Less Wii and more U.

Mnementh said:
Seece said:
VitroBahllee said:
Nintendo's biggest problem right now is they are struggling to learn how to develop in a reasonable timeframe for HD. A new platform probably wouldn't help.

Nah, their biggest problem is figuring out who they want to target their systems at. WiiU especially is suffering from this.

Nah, Vitro is right. While a thing that sells the system on it alone (like WiiSports did for Wii) would be great, it is not the normal way for consoles. As WiiU works again as a normal console like Gamecube or N64, they need games to increase the value. And these release too slow. That's pretty similar to what was visible at the start of the PS3: delays. Nintendo needs to fix these.

I fail to see how? It doesn't have that hook for casuals, and the core/gamer doesn't want it as they have better alternatives. No amount of value/games is going to entice either of those markets.

Seece said:
Mnementh said:
Seece said:
VitroBahllee said:

I fail to see how? It doesn't have that hook for casuals, and the core/gamer doesn't want it as they have better alternatives. No amount of value/games is going to entice either of those markets.

You fail to see how what? How they fix their HD-development-cycle to bring out HD-games faster? I don't see how a clear marketing to core/casuals/monkeys/liliputs or whatever will fix the game-development? I don't even get how you can wrote this post as an answer to mine, as it seems completely unrelated...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Seece said:
Mnementh said:
Seece said:
VitroBahllee said:

You fail to see how what? How they fix their HD-development-cycle to bring out HD-games faster? I don't see how a clear marketing to core/casuals/monkeys/liliputs or whatever will fix the game-development? I don't even get how you can wrote this post as an answer to mine, as it seems completely unrelated...

You 'corrected me' with what their biggest problem is, so I replied disagreeing. That HD development/putting out games isn't their biggest issue that will help them get sales.

Seece said:

You 'corrected me' with what their biggest problem is, so I replied disagreeing. That HD development/putting out games isn't their biggest issue that will help them get sales.

So tell me: What is the hook for core gamers to get the PS4, as this goes obviously better.

Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
The GBA had a 3 year lifecycle so I don't see why the WiiU can't. I think a new console could launch in 2015, but 2016 is the more likely option.

I agree Nintendo could introduce a new system after 3 years. WiiU owners would be hella pissed tho, 3 years for a system is a disgrace and an insult to their fans.

no it wouldn't tech needs to evolve quicker these days or it becomes stale. Look at mobiles they on a 6 month cycle.

I have no problem even is Sony and Micrososft released new consoles after 3 years. Reason being look at their current preorder line up it is huge. I could easily get 50 games over 3 years and be more than happy with my purchase and be ready to move up again.

Mnementh said:
Seece said:

So tell me: What is the hook for core gamers to get the PS4, as this goes obviously better.

Apt power, third party on board, games that are targetted at them, online features, PS+ do you want me to go on?

Regarding Wii U, there`s still enough time and room for a new strategy and a steady line-up to help sales.
Wii U is still at 300$, there´s still not a steady SW release that can be corrected. They can rebrand the console and change the actual look (PS3 like move).
It`s far from over for Wii U. It started bad, but can end up well - which is normally, the other way around.

3DS really is a bit concerning as it`s going into it`s 4th year and there really isn`t anything really new that Nintendo can try to spur sales.
Sequels can be released, prices can be dropped, a new model can pop up.

Personally, i wouldn`t mind seeing a new HH appearing next year if it meant that it worked as part - if so desired - of the new home console.
By late next year, 3DS would have had almost 5 full years in the market and if still profitable it could help recoup losses for the new devices.

I guess that if something like that happens, Nintendo will most likely release both consoles in the same year, like they did with GBA and GC, thus, reinforcing their unity.