By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo debut new tech half way through this gen??

Fusioncode said:
Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
The GBA had a 3 year lifecycle so I don't see why the WiiU can't. I think a new console could launch in 2015, but 2016 is the more likely option.

I agree Nintendo could introduce a new system after 3 years. WiiU owners would be hella pissed tho, 3 years for a system is a disgrace and an insult to their fans.

I don't know about that, wouldn't WiiU owners want a new console that has better support? I mean the WiiU is only getting a handful of major titles every year, I think Nintendo fans would want an upgrade. Maybe Nintendo could find a way to give current WiiU owners a discount on the next console to reduce the backlash. 

The real question is, will developers support a Nintendo system if they abandoned their previous one after just 3 years? and the answer is a clear no.

They wont even support a Nintendo console now, with all the games Nintendo is throwing at is.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Excuse me, 3DS in a worrying state? are you kidding me right? Wii U clearly, but 3DS no

kirby007 said:
My guess from the LTD Gen 8 prediction was that in 2016 Nintendo will release the Nintendo Unity Tablet System.

NUTS? Seriously?

Fusioncode said:
Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
The GBA had a 3 year lifecycle so I don't see why the WiiU can't. I think a new console could launch in 2015, but 2016 is the more likely option.

I agree Nintendo could introduce a new system after 3 years. WiiU owners would be hella pissed tho, 3 years for a system is a disgrace and an insult to their fans.

I don't know about that, wouldn't WiiU owners want a new console that has better support? I mean the WiiU is only getting a handful of major titles every year, I think Nintendo fans would want an upgrade. Maybe Nintendo could find a way to give current WiiU owners a discount on the next console to reduce the backlash. 

As an owner of the Wi U since launch, why would i want to pay for a new system so soon?  Yes I want a system Nintendo will adaquetly support but what would cause me to believe they will support the next system any better than the wii-u.   I will not buy the next Nintendo console at launch- (If i purchased the next  Nintendo)  It would only buy it after they have relaesed a healthy and diverse library of games-  they have some good games now but the choices are few and they are heavily weigted to platformers-   the library is not a diverse or deep one-      

Dulfite said:
kirby007 said:
My guess from the LTD Gen 8 prediction was that in 2016 Nintendo will release the Nintendo Unity Tablet System.

NUTS? Seriously?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Dulfite said:
kirby007 said:

NUTS? Seriously?

I can see the slogan already. "The time has come to PLAY with the NUTS!"

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Make a system named the Wii 2.

Put hardware in it like the PS4's AMD's APU design so games can be run @ 720p and 1080p easily.

Pack in a Wii Mote + Nunchuck and Wii U Pro controller. AKA get rid of the tablet, that design is for handhelds.

Buy Sega and Capcom (stop being lazy and...) crank out games, and hope for the best.

Cleary397 said:
Fusioncode said:
Seece said:
Fusioncode said:

The real question is, will developers support a Nintendo system if they abandoned their previous one after just 3 years? and the answer is a clear no.

They wont even support a Nintendo console now, with all the games Nintendo is throwing at is.

They won't support the WiiU because it's selling terribly and underpowered compared to other next gen consoles. It doesn't matter how many games Nintendo throws at the console. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I really don't see the WiiU as being a failure.   Sony has more sales but WiiU is still number 2.   The WiiU sales are climbing with each release.   Gaming is a lot different now with tablets and smart phones, total units sold may not be as big as last gen.  

They wouldn't announce a new system after 3 years. Most Nintendo consoles last 5-6 years (NES, 6 years, SNES, 5 years, N64, 5 years, GCN, 5 years, Wii, 6 years) so for the earliest time the Wii U would be replaced is 2017 or 2018. Then again, Nintendo's new console might be handheld+console, and handheld's usually release 1-2 years before the console. (Game Boy, 2 years before SNES, Virtual Boy, 1 year before N64, DS, 2 years before Wii) So I am expecting 2016-2018.

nice